• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock

Marksman
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    I'm looking for a place to shoot at between 200-600 yards here in central Indiana. A friend of mine who is a Marine fresh back from an overseas deployment wants to go shooting with me next week and I need to find a place. We used to go to Crosley but they are currently closed down.

Somewhere preferably free like Crosley and near central Indiana. Any ideas? I'd really appreciate any help

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I have been shooting in the Hoosier National Forest. You can set up atop one of the hills along the gas pipeline and shoot into the next hill. Several hundred yards isn't difficult to find at all.

Glock

Marksman
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    I forgot to mention I would like to shoot steel targets and I can bring them. I've got some nice ar500 targets with stands.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I have been shooting in the Hoosier National Forest. You can set up atop one of the hills along the gas pipeline and shoot into the next hill. Several hundred yards isn't difficult to find at all.

Good on you Josh for finding a spot beyond 100 yds to shoot. But I'm surprised you haven't had a CO stop in to see what you're doing.

d80hunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2015
    Hope
    Too bad, Crowley is the only 200 yard range I know of around here. I do all my shooting in farm fields where I can shoot as far as I want to.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Good on you Josh for finding a spot beyond 100 yds to shoot. But I'm surprised you haven't had a CO stop in to see what you're doing.

The website lists target shooting as an OK activity, so if it's obvious that's what you're doing, there shouldn't be a problem. Hoosier National Forest - Alerts & Notices

I've only done it once, but we were a big group. Seven or 8 people. We drove right to a good spot somewhere a gravel road crosses the buried pipeline at the top of a ridge. Shot clay birds on one side of the hill and rifles on the other.

It's a two-hour drive from my house to there, and I can shoot about 140 yards at home, so I don't head that way unless my friends from out of state are visiting their parents in Nashville.

blacknwhite

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2016
    southwest
    Anyone had any experience with panther ridge training facility here in indiana? I'm looking to find a 1000yd range to shoot at for a bachelor party. All 5 guys involved are all very competent shooters.

Top Bottom