• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have posted pics in the past of a friend whose Uncle has a farm in Ohio that has a two machine shops & a reloading room that is amazing on his property.
    I visited the farm again yesterday & had time to look more at his shooting ranges he had put up for himself & kids & grandkids.
    200 acres on one side of the road where the house & barns & equipment is along with the ranges.
    another 100 acres on the other side of the road.

I didn't take notes, so not sure of the layout which was in different spots.
    He had some sort of large canopy set up outside the back of the house with a rifle rest bench & seat & more but I didn't get a pick of that.
    I've heard of guys on INGO having such things on their property & even shot at one.
    I can't imagine the rounds of ammo if such convenience was presented.
    While I was at this farm I could hear gunshots going off at a neighbor's farm, haha!
    Deer are running amuck & coyotes are a hazard to livestock or domestic pets, even foxes are an issue.
    Apparently, a fox has been known to come into a house through the dog door & kill the dog & any cat in abode.
    Didn't think a skittish fox would do such, but I don't live in the "wild country" where there isn't cell coverage, haha!
    This guy even has a couple of well-stocked fishing ponds on the property that he created decades ago since he had the equipment to do so.
    There was talk of rifles costing over 10K or even up to $40K!!! & night scopes & incredible shooting/hunting stories I've not even heard on this site.
    You don't think this guy in his 80s is telling "fish" stories do you? hahaha!
    He said he's always prayed that God would not give him more than he could take care of, but at his age he starting to question, haha!
    Oh, the vicissitudes of the eccentric with money & property & choices.
    His wife, who has been gone for 3 yrs. used to say his hobby is hobbies!
    Pretty well sums it up.
    What a fantastic & interesting Uncle my friend has with a wealth of knowledge & wisdom & experience & loves to share it with family.

Couldn't help taking this pic in one of his machine shops.
    sign in shop.jpg

I think this might have been the 25 yds out his back door.
    perhaps 25 yd.jpg
    This pic skipped over the 50 & 100 yds & this was the 200, 300 & 400 yds, I think
    or it might have been the 50, 100, & 200 yds???
    2,3, & 400 yd maybe.jpg
    another close up.jpg

Under advice, I took out the pics of targets that went up to 900 yds with targets every 100 yds, starting at 500 yds.
    He said the boys have 400 & 500 yds down but not the 900 yds yet, haha!

Saw this spotting scope they use for the longer yardish.
    spotting scope.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom