• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Anyone ever reamed or had reamed a .32 Auto to .32 NAA?

Thinking about taking a Sig 230 .32 bbl and making it a .32 NAA. The .32 NAA is a necked down .380. So the plan is to take the newly reamed .32NAA bbl and replaced it on a Sig P230 .380.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Sounds like allot of work for nothing in return. Just a quick look at the ballistics shows nothing gained in FtLbs of energy over the .380, nothing worth note gained in velocity, and giving up bullet weight, something that is important for penetration (something that many believe the .380 already lacks). On top of that, the ammunition is not nearly as easy to find, and more expensive than the average .380 self defense loads.

Not saying that you shouldnt try it, just not seeing the benefit of going through the work for nothing gained in performance.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I know very little about the Sig 230, but if the barrels will interchange and you want to give it a try, go for it. As others have stated, ammo is hard to come by and expensive. Reloading equipment for the .32NAA is all but non-existent. I have 3 NAA Guardians, chambered in .32, .380 and .32NAA, I enjoy all 3 guns, but I don't shoot the .32NAA very much because of the ammo cost.
    As far as the ballistics of the .32NAA, there are plenty of charts and graphs that tell about what to expect. With any pocket gun, know it's limitations, pocket guns can be just as deadly as any other gun.

Top Bottom