• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Seems like I have worn out most of my .327FM brass. Starline doesn't have any, and doesn't seem to be making any, either.

Any one got a line on where to find some? Not at Midsouth, Midway, Powder Valley, Brownells, or any of the other stores I have bookmarked for supplies. Might just have to step down the .32H&R brass.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Seems like I have worn out most of my .327FM brass. Starline doesn't have any, and doesn't seem to be making any, either.

Any one got a line on where to find some? Not at Midsouth, Midway, Powder Valley, Brownells, or any of the other stores I have bookmarked for supplies. Might just have to step down the .32H&R brass.
    Starline has made it in the past, but I'd be surprised if they make it again until they get caught up on more common calibers. We have it on backorder and it is an item that we normally try to stock at least a few bags of. When it becomes available again, we should have some. It could be a couple of months or a couple of years though.
    Surprisingly, I do still have some loaded ammo available for the 327 Federal Magnum. Not much left, I have one box of spear Gold Dot 100 grain for $23.37 plus tax and one box of Hornady critical defense 80 grain FTX for $32.72 plus tax. That's another thing that we have not been able to get in a long time, and I have no idea when we will be able to get again.
    If you decide to use the 32 H&R brass, let me know and I'll see if we have any in stock right now.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    LostCali, I just ran a quick check on ammoseek and 50 rd boxes of federal were going for $45 to $55. Would it not be possible to get 50 or 100, shoot them and then have brass for reloading as an interim solution until Starline or another acceptable source has some in stock? I know that is a considerably more expensive route than getting new brass, but it's what I've had to do with some rifle brass in the last few years to maintain a sensible supply. Another might be to seek once fired brass at some local gun shows. We have a seller who attends the larger shows in Ohio and has a very wide selection of brass in some fairly esoteric calibers. I have bought 357 sig brass from him as well as 348 Winchester with good results

One final caution, the rarer something is if you want it now == more $$$

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    There is an OGCA show coming up Sept 16 -17, which I will be attending. I can check for you and if you give me your price range I can pick some up for you if you wish. Also let me know if you would accept other brands than Starline (not sure who-all actually makes it but the seller I'm thinking of often has Winchester brass also)

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    There is an OGCA show coming up Sept 16 -17, which I will be attending. I can check for you and if you give me your price range I can pick some up for you if you wish. Also let me know if you would accept other brands than Starline (not sure who-all actually makes it but the seller I'm thinking of often has Winchester brass also)
    @BugI02 , I have considered that. If necessary, I will do it. Just, ouch.

@Mgderf Gee, unkind selfish peoples....who planned in advance for shortages....lol
    I got him covered, for a little while anyway.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Thanks for the offer. Mgderf has been generous to me and i am good.

Top Bottom