printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Old thread but bringing it back instead of making another. :D

My right hand has been hurting today and I just figured out why.

Took two of my kids out to the range on Sunday afternoon and did a little shooting.
    They got to shoot the 10/22, Reece shot his Crickett a bunch and
    they both got to shoot the AK and SKS.
    Brook put a mag through the AK and burned about 8 stripper clips in the SKS. It's getting expensive! :ar15:
    A GREAT DAY!

I, foolish as I am, put a box (50) of .357 through my 340PD.........

I guess it was packing more of a wallop than I payed attention to. :):

sailinon

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    You aren't kidding on "bring the pain".

I have one, recently a good chum took a video of it at the range. Here's the line-up.

5 rounds:
    1. home reload .38
    2. FMJ purchased ammo .38
    3. Federal Hydro-shock +P .38
    4. Federal hollow point .357
    5. home reload .38

I'm going to ask my chum to upload the video in a moment....

I didn't buy the gun because it's a "comfy shooter" I bought it to save my life.

RetDep310

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Columbus
    You'll love it..great for pocket carry. I have a M&P340, but havent shot a magnum through it yet!! Don't really see the need to, have mine stoked with the Speer 135+P's. It's more accurate than some think. Qualified mine for LEOSA purposes. Groups aren't great at 25 yards, but stays within the black. You might also try a Hogue Monogrip for extended range sessions. Makes a difference in comfort, but not much for concealability.

byggpoppa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    NW Indy
    Old thread but bringing it back instead of making another. :D

My right hand has been hurting today and I just figured out why.

Took two of my kids out to the range on Sunday afternoon and did a little shooting.
    They got to shoot the 10/22, Reece shot his Crickett a bunch and
    they both got to shoot the AK and SKS.
    Brook put a mag through the AK and burned about 8 stripper clips in the SKS. It's getting expensive! :ar15:
    A GREAT DAY!

I, foolish as I am, put a box (50) of .357 through my 340PD.........

I guess it was packing more of a wallop than I payed attention to. :):

You are a mad man!!! I made it through 25 rounds of .38 +p, then started in with some 158 grain semi-wad cutters... round 23 of .357 I cut my trigger finger!!!! I have since added some of the older Crimson Trace (better and wider than newer ones IMO for me at least) laser grips and to say the least I pay way more attention when my hands are fatigued.

Not to mention when I was done my palm was swollen for at least a week!

:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

Loved every minute of it (ok almost every minute.)

Felt bad for the gentlemen beside me at Atterbury tho... he changed lanes!

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    I just bought my gf a 442 and fired it over the Christmas weekend for the first time. I didn't think the recoil was that bad really. Although for her (5'2" 115 lbs) it hurt. How much does the crimson trace grips help, i noticed that they as well as Hogues cover up the metal on the grip. This is something i told her could help. We both knew it wasnt a range gun so at least she was prepared for that.

byggpoppa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    NW Indy
    I just bought my gf a 442 and fired it over the Christmas weekend for the first time. I didn't think the recoil was that bad really. Although for her (5'2" 115 lbs) it hurt. How much does the crimson trace grips help, i noticed that they as well as Hogues cover up the metal on the grip. This is something i told her could help. We both knew it wasnt a range gun so at least she was prepared for that.

.38 is quite manageable... .357 loads are where the fun starts! I have the older style CT grips that are kind of like Glock polymer and they really just help with my fat palms and not recoil. I also prefer the plastic to rubber for going in and out of the pocket. I believe there are two different models available for J frames from CT now, one that covers the back strap and one set that do not ... but are more concealable. These new ones are rubber. I have not tried the Hogue... but covering the backstrap should help alot if your recoil sensitive and ultimate concealability isn't that much of a concern.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Bud has a Scandium J.
    Corbon .357 makes the trigger guard bonk my finger pretty good.
    Puts the first couple right on the money at 21 ft or so.
    For some reason the others go a little farther out ;)

I wish I had the funds for one.

Nice score!

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    .38 is quite manageable... .357 loads are where the fun starts! I have the older style CT grips that are kind of like Glock polymer and they really just help with my fat palms and not recoil. I also prefer the plastic to rubber for going in and out of the pocket. I believe there are two different models available for J frames from CT now, one that covers the back strap and one set that do not ... but are more concealable. These new ones are rubber. I have not tried the Hogue... but covering the backstrap should help alot if your recoil sensitive and ultimate concealability isn't that much of a concern.

Thanks for the input. I am asking for the gf, just trying to get her comfortable with her gun. It didn't bother me at all.

Top Bottom