• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zed3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2023
    North of Indy
    Hello, new here, so just getting started.

I recently inherited a model 71, and, as luck would have it, have not been able to find 348 ammo to shoot. I know it’s really rare, and I’ve contacted manufacturers about the possibility of a new run and of course they can’t say if they will ever have it again.

Anyone north of Indy that has and wants to sell 348 ammo? Or know of anyone that would be?

Thanks!

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    All kinds of brass and loaded ammo on gunbroker.com
    That is a very desirable rifle that was left to you, enjoy it.
    At worst buy brass thats available and have it reloaded or buy ammo that you can find.
    Its around, You could start at the tables in Greentown Gun Show this weekend.

Its parent case it the 50-110 and thats also availible and you or another reloader can form what you need.

BlueDrew2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Hancock Co
    Starline makes brass, hornady still makes ammo in their leverlution line. Winchester still makes ammo, but very difficult to find (I could only find it in Canada for the last few years). HSM makes ammo. I haven't had much luck finding any in Indiana though.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    All kinds of brass and loaded ammo on gunbroker.com
    That is a very desirable rifle that was left to you, enjoy it.
    At worst buy brass thats available and have it reloaded or buy ammo that you can find.
    Its around, You could start at the tables in Greentown Gun Show this weekend.

Its parent case it the 50-110 and thats also availible and you or another reloader can form what you need.
    Creedmore is spot on. I always look at any gun show I attend and more often than not I find some and usually buy a box

If you know a member of OGCA who can get you a guest pass, usually 3 or 4 people have a box or two for sale, though it isn't cheap. It has usually fallen between $55 and $95 per box this year depending on manufacturer

Zed3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2023
    North of Indy

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

Looks like I lucked out. Hornady made another run on their .348 and it’s available!
    Thats a bit proud for a box. The internet is your friend.
    $60.00 a box

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Math is a friend as well. If you take into consideration shipping costs and the discounts OP allows, you’d have to buy a minimum 3 boxes to realize any material difference. But good catch still.
    Doesnt matter its out of stock now anyway.
    Natchess also will run some flatrate shipping on occation.

The problem with optics planet is lots of time you order something and then find out its not in stock.
    Good luck

Top Bottom