• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    Does anyone have any experience with this round? I don't recall having ever seen the 37's, 38's, or 39's in any of the local stores and I can't recall having seen the ammunition anywhere. It's a round/gun that i've been curious about for a while, and just haven't been able to get much firsthand knowledge about it.

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    Gander mountain Greenwood had a couple boxes on the shelf if you need some.

I might be tempted to pick them up if I knew someone that had a model I could fire them with. It seems like they're kind of rare though. I like the Glock I have, but i've been thinking about exploring some of their other offerings for a little change of pace.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've toyed with picking one of these up too. I like the idea of a G23 size pistol in .45. For some reason, I did not care for the G30S I fired. It just did not feel right to me. My G23 feels good, as does my G27 and 19 but the 30s did not for some reason. A G38 might just fit the bill though. It's odd enough to be interesting to me.

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    I've toyed with picking one of these up too. I like the idea of a G23 size pistol in .45. For some reason, I did not care for the G30S I fired. It just did not feel right to me. My G23 feels good, as does my G27 and 19 but the 30s did not for some reason. A G38 might just fit the bill though. It's odd enough to be interesting to me.

I'm in the same boat. I have the G23, which I like, but it never hurts to have a little more stopping power in the same package. That is, if the two are in fact comparable.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm in the same boat. I have the G23, which I like, but it never hurts to have a little more stopping power in the same package. That is, if the two are in fact comparable.

I've had one for quite a long time now. A model 37 in OD.

It's a great firearm and I like the round. If you've handled a model 21 or 20 you'll know why the 45gap models are so nice.

As for additional stopping power? Pure imagination. 45gap is not much different than 45acp. Neither has superior stopping power to a 40S&W or a 9mm with modern ammunition. The biggest problem with the 45gap is magazine capacity, 10 rounds for the 37, 8 for the 38.

ysn6dpV.jpg

Glock10MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012

I have thought about picking up a G38 as well. But, I don't really want another handgun round that I have to find/stock.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I know what you mean. I think I could reload for the GAP round, but I'm not sure it brings enough to the table to offset the extra work to run it. It's kind of like buying a .357 Sig barrel for my G23. I like the ballistics of the round, but adding it would bring a whole new set of reloading dies, needs for brass and different SD ammo to stock. When all is said and done, I don't think it would be worth the money and effort expended.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I have all 3 (37, 38 and 39). Very accurate and much softer shooting than a .40. Ammo is easy enough to get and reasonable the last time I checked. It seems to me a great idea that for some reason hasn't caught on. The last time I checked there were 7 State police agencies using them and they are making them in the Gen 4 guns so obviously they aren't dead. I would highly recommend the caliber but I also like the 22TCM, maybe I'm just weird? 8 rounds of 45 is a G-26 size package, what's not to like.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor
    Certified Glock armorer—GSSF Member

1911, M&P & Ruger MK III Mechanic

Top Bottom