• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    I just started my build and was looking at buffers and wasn't sure if I should go with the 8oz or 10oz buffer kit. I plan on running a suppressor at some point so I was leaning towards the 10oz buffer kit, but this is my first pistol build.
    Hoping someone has some experience running either. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.
    The Build so far:
    Angstadt Arms Receiver set (Ordered)
    Angstadt Arms 6" barrel (in the cart)
    TacFire 45acp Bolt carrier group (in the cart)
    Gear Head Works Tailhook Mod 2 Brace (in the cart)
    Angstadt Arms 8oz or 10oz buffer kit (undecided)

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Honestly just go with the Macon armory gas operated upper. Here

Idk what buffer mine uses, but it's a crazy fun and soft shooting gun. Mine was a pistol but now it's an sbr. The owner at Macon armory will personally give you tech support to get it running right without any guesswork.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Honestly just go with the Macon armory gas operated upper. Here

Idk what buffer mine uses, but it's a crazy fun and soft shooting gun. Mine was a pistol but now it's an sbr. The owner at Macon armory will personally give you tech support to get it running right without any guesswork.
    I already have the Receiver set ordered. I wanted to go with the Glock mag compatible lower and a 6" barrel. I'm guessing since it's DI that it does have the LRBHO feature.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I already have the Receiver set ordered. I wanted to go with the Glock mag compatible lower and a 6" barrel. I'm guessing since it's DI that it does have the LRBHO feature.

Yes it does. I believe he can set you up for that receiver set and barrel length too.

45ar is a lot of fun when they run.

20200120152742.jpg

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Yes it does. I believe he can set you up for that receiver set and barrel length too.

45ar is a lot of fun when they run.

20200120152742.jpg
    That's why i picked the one I did. Blowback system with LRBHO. I am basically duplicating there gun with a few different features. I just didn't see any specs on buffer weight on their site. From what I have seen 9mm runs an 8oz. So figuring that the heavier caliber might run a bit heavier buffer. Angstadt makes both an 8 and 10oz buffer. Figured that 10 would be the one for a 45acp pistol. Just seeing if anyone else had any experience with blowback pistol AR.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    Might be apple to oranges, but Foxtrot Mike uses an 8ish oz buffer along with a 308 carbine spring in their builds.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/receivers/lower-receivers/ar-15-fm-45-45acp-build-kits-prod134843.aspx?avad=211021_e1b8bbd41&aid=35987&cm_mmc=affiliate-_-Itwine-_-Avantlink-_-Custom+Link&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=Avantlink&utm_content=NA&utm_campaign=Itwi

Also, through a couple of searches I found that 8oz for regular use seems to work, while 10oz seems to sometimes be needed for suppressed.

Top Bottom