• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    It was a machinegun, no questions about it.

And I don't know where you get off saying that this officer was not responsible enough to have an automatic weapon. He had it locked in his trunk, just as department protocol likely mandates. He did not know that his trunk lock was malfunctioning at the time so it's not like he just carelessly left it there for any Joe Blow to walk by and snag. I know how the trunk locks on a '09 CVPI can malfunction, mine does it from time to time and the first couple of times it happened I didn't find the problem until long after I had walked away from the car.

I did not say anything about the officer, only if it was a "machine gun". What am I missing here, are you talking to somebody else? Again I went to Whiteland I need to be talked to slow sometimes.....

BACKLASH

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2013
    ECI
    It was a machinegun, no questions about it.

And I don't know where you get off saying that this officer was not responsible enough to have an automatic weapon. He had it locked in his trunk, just as department protocol likely mandates. He did not know that his trunk lock was malfunctioning at the time so it's not like he just carelessly left it there for any Joe Blow to walk by and snag. I know how the trunk locks on a '09 CVPI can malfunction, mine does it from time to time and the first couple of times it happened I didn't find the problem until long after I had walked away from the car.
    It says in the article that the officer was aware that the trunk was malfunctioning on the vehicle in question........ yes it is very resposible to leave a class III weapon in a trunk that is having a locking mechanism issue....... yep your right. what was i thinking?

Wes225

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    You guys have no proof on whether or not this was a Select Fire or Semi AR. Not that it truly matters.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    It says in the article that the officer was aware that the trunk was malfunctioning on the vehicle in question........ yes it is very resposible to leave a class III weapon in a trunk that is having a locking mechanism issue....... yep your right. what was i thinking?

No, actually it says:
    According to the affidavit, the 2009 Crown Victoria in question has had problems with the truck latch malfunctioning. The officer reported he didn’t know the trunk was not latched

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Im just amazed that they didn't call it an assault Rifle.

There is a saying that goes like this. No matter what happens there will be somebody that saw what happened and will say "I knew that was gonna happen" For example "I knew the way that kid was riding his bike he was gonna crash" :orly:

It is easy sometimes to say the officer knew the trunk was faulty but do we know if he had it looked at by Maintenance? Do we know if he put some WD-40 on it? Maybe he was taking steps to correct the situation or thought it was fixed.

Or maybe he woke up that morning and decided the crime rate was too low and he would leave some bait. Does anybody really think the officer would leave the equipment in the truck if he thought their was an issue?

Top Bottom