• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpartanYeti

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2022
    Osceola, IN 46561, USA
    You’ve gotten some good input so far. Listen to the recommendations and don’t go cheap on scope or rings.

Read this:
    Yes I know quality scope rings are a must!! Gotta hold that zero!! Ammo to expensive nowadays to be chasing your zero... And you don't want to miss a shot of a lifetime (or even just putting venison in the freezer for winter) while hunting due to your scope rings

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    Most of my hunting shots are inside 150 yards. I did try to take a coyote that was to far for me. Clear shot it hit the ground maybe 2 feet before it reached him. He did not run aimed higher and down he went. Need a place to practice my long shots.

SpartanYeti

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2022
    Osceola, IN 46561, USA
    Tikka and Savage are definitely my top contenders... Anyone have first hand experience with the new Springfield Armory 2020 waypoint? I really like the concept of a precession rifle but that is also light enough to hunt with and carry comfortably long distances. But like many reviews I've read or watched on YouTube there are trade offs. Heavier and more pleasant to shoot or lightweight and harder to be accurate and less features.

kjdoski

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Bloomington, IN
    Tikka, for sure. I've been out of the magnified optics game for so long, I'd hate to venture a guess.

But, for me, clarity of glass was always paramount. If you want to get into long range hunting, that and light gathering are going to be critical. Swarovski and Zeiss had the clearest "brightest" glass I've ever looked through.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Tikka and Savage are definitely my top contenders... Anyone have first hand experience with the new Springfield Armory 2020 waypoint? I really like the concept of a precession rifle but that is also light enough to hunt with and carry comfortably long distances. But like many reviews I've read or watched on YouTube there are trade offs. Heavier and more pleasant to shoot or lightweight and harder to be accurate and less features.
    Wow that thing looks awesome wonder if it will come in other calibers.

SpartanYeti

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2022
    Osceola, IN 46561, USA
    Wow that thing looks awesome wonder if it will come in other calibers.
    .308, 6mm Creedmoor, 6.5 Creedmoor, and 6.5 PRC is what is currently listed on the Springfield Website. I'm sure they will expand on the 2020 line if it is successful in the current caliber offerings. I've seen some really good reviews on YouTube and some so-so ones as well on the 2020 Waypoint.

Top Bottom