• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • heffe3434

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    NE Indianapolis
    I just got a 22 conversion for my kimber and love it. It got me thinking. Since they make a 9mm version of my kimber, would a 9 mm slide work on a 45 frame as long the slide to frame fit is correct? I am by no means a gun expert but I thought I would throw it out there. (i am not wanting to actually do this, just wondered if it would work)

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Huh, never heard of the para conversions.

Normally, no, the ejector and ejector race is cut differently and the feed ramp is different in profile between .45 and 9mm/.38 super pistols.

686 Shooter, do the Para Conversions address this?

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Cursory glance, they get rid of the feedramp issue by using their ramped Para barrels. Yarg. :D Their parts pictures don't show any ejectors. Maybe this is a Para thing, not a Colt pattern gun thing...

Wacky Paras, they are like a cool cousin that drives a Jetta and watches anime while drinking imported beer: Sure they are fun, but are they reliable when you call them for a ride from court? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. :D Plus Paras, like the cousin, don't have many girlfriends...

Considering your gun is a Kimber there Heffe (read: Colt pattern), the aforementioned Para kits would not work unless you have a gunsmith do some serious cutting of your frame for a ramped barrel.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    Disposable Heart, I stand corrected, it was my Paras that I switched the slide and barrels on, not the Colts as I previously stated.

It's hell getting old, too many guns, too little memory.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Disposable Heart, I stand corrected, it was my Paras that I switched the slide and barrels on, not the Colts as I previously stated.

It's hell getting old, too many guns, too little memory.

LOL, starting to get there. It's really bad tho when you are younger and make mention of horribly old things like Elmer Keith, 7-30 Waters, Sillouhette shooting, Lee Jurras, etc... 29 years old and a lifetime of reading nothing but books on shooting (and badgers, loved 'em when I was a kid) and almost memorizing all the 30-40 year old loading manuals... :D

Top Bottom