• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i just got my grail siegle in and wanted to share. the big siegle kukri. it literally just came in so can't give to much of a review but I can say i love it lol. i just smile when i pick it up. It's a bit over kill but a knife that is almost a 1/2 inch thick is crazy. here are some specs

Approx. 18" in OAL with a 13" blade and 12" of actual cutting edge, almost 2 1/2" wide at the "sweet" spot.

3/8" THICK 5160 with a differential heat treat by Bill

Weight is a bit over 2 lbs

Coyote Brown G10 handle slabs

i did do some light chopping with it on some over grown branches around the yard and it chews up wood like a axe.

next up on the list to talk about is my new jk belt hawk. i had him do mine a bit bigger and its a freaking awesome little hawk. 14 inches long, in 1/4 01 steel, full tang, with black micarta grips. it's heftiness surprised me a bit. the handle has been drilled to make put the balance towards the head. i've been out chopping wood and playing with this little guy since i got it in yesterday. it's about the perfect size for throwing in your pack and always having a nice hawk on you. it also carries very nice on the belt with his leather sheath/blade cover. i think this guy is going to give my gransfors bruks sfa a run for its money (and it's definitely one of my favorite woods tool)

and for comparison shots my gransfors bruks small forest axe. 19 inch handle on it. i think any of the above would work great for battle blades too :) though at 2 lbs the siegle is a freaking beast. hope you guys enjoy. on my next days off i'm going to try and hit the woods to really beat on them :)

on to my ****ty display pics lol. sorry i suck with a camera

DSCN0171.jpg

DSCN0172.jpg

to show the thickness of the siegle lol. the jk hatchet is 1/4

DSCN0173.jpg

DSCN0174.jpg

Last edited:

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    drbarnes I'm game for that. it will definitely be at the next chop in but it won't be going through any of the comps with it as by about the 12th swing i would be wore out lol. it's a heavy sob.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    drbarnes there was some decent stuff left. 3 killa zillas, 2 fbm w/ serrations, a couple different KC specials, a couple jack hammers, some sar 8 fighter variants, some dsf variants. a good amount of stuff was still on the table for sure.

Top Bottom