• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    This is a Stevens 522 Trap. They came with a straight English style stock, solid rib and fancy wood. Back in 1911 they sold for $40, and that was a bunch of money.

The butt stock had already been sanded by the time I got it and a previous owner put his initials in the neck utilizing a series of dots. I found it in a LGS a few years ago and planned to redo it without taking anything more away from the poor thing.

This one does not have the "Stevens 522 Trap" stamped on the action arm like most others I have seen. I don't know if it has been replaced or if there were years that it was not done like the "Winchester" on the 1897 action arms. If anyone knows, please enlighten me.

DSC05865.JPG

DSC05866.JPG

Note the "suicide safety" just in front of the trigger inside the trigger guard, I bet that was fun with gloves on...

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    The butt stock cleaned up great on this one and has a lot of figure when the old dark finish gets out of the way. I cheated and started on the stock this morning before posting. It might be far enough along to show a pic tomorrow...

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Nice!
    I had the chance to go through my dads sxs stevens 12g shotgun. Total disassemble. Did the research: model 325, made between 1904 and 1908 for that new smokeless power stuff, if that ever takes off. The internal parts are obviously NOT made with standardization in mind. They all look like they were hand made individually with a Dremel.
    Kicks like a mule!

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    That Marlin stock goes on a Model 44 20ga pump action shotgun. They are kind of odd. Marlin, during the depression, would give you one if you bought $25 worth of stock in the company. For $100 you would get a lever action .410. The lever action .410's sold pretty good on their own, but if you find a 44 you can pretty much assume it was a give away..

Top Bottom