• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Called Blythe's in Valpo this morning. He has no Mosins in stock, and hasn't been able to order any for a couple months. (Honestly, I didn't catch his name.) He doesn't know whats going on, not sure if they're importing them anymore or what. This makes me sad, and regretful that I didn't buy more when I had the chance...

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    I found my Sako M39 propped back in the corner of a gunshop about ten years ago and bought it for $45. I wonder if there are any more deals like that out there? Seems like most of the stocks have dried up, aside from the occasional Chinese M53. :(

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    I'm 2 hours away from Bradis Guns in Camby, IN. so I don't get there often. But they used to seem to have a fair selection of 91/30 Mosins. Last one I bought was under $140.00 I think the $99.00 Mosins have about dried up and everyone that has a second hand one to sell wants $150.00 to $200.00 for it. Bradis is a Ingo supporter contact them and they can usually tell you exactly what they have or have coming in. If you want one and can find it at a fair price your willing to pay, I'd be grabbing it. I can see these soon to be going the same route as the use to be $99.00 SKS Rifles.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Just a little bit of a dry spell, not the first time its happened. No doubt also with all the panic buying going on there are some getting snapped up in the mayhem. AIM got a bunch recently and they sold out in a couple of days.

Oh, I did see a 91/30 Sniper (modern build) yesterday at 111 Gunshop in Louisville, KY. I think they were asking $450.

Must have just got that in, it wasn't there Friday.

gearheadwilly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Im looking as well but not much at decent prices out there. If anyone want to let loose of one please let me know. Thanks

armyvet209

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    LAKE COUNTY
    i've got one that i've been thinking of parting ways with. bought it from blythes in griffith a while back and have only put about 20 rounds through it

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    there some kind of finn mosin a shorter one for sale in Alexandria it was like 200 bucks

That would an M39 or some variant, I'm guessing. Based on my experience with them, a very fine deal at $200. Arm yourself with the various production codes so you can determine exactly what you're looking at. Mine's a Sako SK.Y (Finnish Home Guard) model made in 1939 with a "D" code barrel, and I can't imagine ever getting rid of it.

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    im not sure if that was the exact price as i was busy with a hi power but it caught my eye it certainly one beautiful mosin there called madison county guns if your interested and im pretty sure its a m39 like ghost said. it looks better than mine (91/30) in picture
    picture.php

Last edited:

Suzybaby#1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    I have a mosin with a refinished stock. The numbers don't match. I got it a few months ago for around $140. It didn't have a sling or bayonet with it. I looks good and it shoots good.

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    The main difference I see between my M39 and the rifle in roadrunner's pic is in the front receiver ring. Mine's a hex-style but that one looks round. I don't know what difference that makes, but I seem to recall reading that only one of the two is suited to the original scope mount. Most of the rifle's info will be stamped right on top of the front receiver ring, same as most bolt-action military rifles of the period.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I wouldn't mind buying another but not from freedom sports I believe they're out in crown point. They want 205 for one

Top Bottom