• ...and so much more!
  • longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    THERE IS NO MARCH MATCH

Most of you know Daniel Hart and myself kept the match running for several years and that Larry Francis stepped up last year and has now moved to Florida. Nobody has stepped up to take the match. I am short on time and desire, BUT I don't want to see it die. I would like to build a team of people who can run the match, and have committed to running an April match. We will see how it goes.

In April, we will be switching the format to a Sunday only match with an 11 am start time and an 8 am setup time. We will need help to make this happen! As much as possible for setup.

I am also looking for...
    Other ACC club members who can help with match directing. You have to be a member for this role. I can be the bridge for you to fulfill your destiny. Perks include building stages that p*ss off people and then watching the fun ensue on Ingo. This is about the only perk, but it's very rewarding.

Solid commitments for the following crucial roles which do not require membership:
    Registration/Scores - Self-Explanatory.
    Know it All Rule Jockey - Well versed in the rules department for when questions come up that require the rule book. I have zero patience for that s**t.
    Mr. Fixit - Someone who has tools in their truck, can pull a trailer and do handy things as needed.

Leave a note here if you will help setup. See you next month.

76caprice

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2020
    Franktucky
    I might be there. Sad just two years ago we shot on sat and Sunday and longbeard ran the tablets and now no one will step up? Depends on my schedule for April!

IndyColtsFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    More than happy to help wherever you need it - stages, setup and/or registration. Will need a quick refresher on setting up the match in PractiScore, syncing to all the tablets, etc... but we’ll get there.

Good on paper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 18, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Would it make sense to have a monthly sign in here for match help? Say if we don’t have the following positions filled the match isn’t going to happen? I know that more than a few times the set up crew was Larry and a one or two other hard working guys.
    Atlanta draws a pretty sizable crowd there really needs to be 10-15% of the shooters participating in setting up and running the matches. For one guy to take the majority of that responsibility is a sure recipe for burnout.
    Just my thoughts and I’m in to help as much as I can.

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    Would it make sense to have a monthly sign in here for match help? Say if we don’t have the following positions filled the match isn’t going to happen? I know that more than a few times the set up crew was Larry and a one or two other hard working guys.
    Atlanta draws a pretty sizable crowd there really needs to be 10-15% of the shooters participating in setting up and running the matches. For one guy to take the majority of that responsibility is a sure recipe for burnout.
    Just my thoughts and I’m in to help as much as I can.
    Thanks. It's a good idea. We will see what develops.

lperagallo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Westfield
    It would be great to get a team to take on the Match Director each month. The other discipline has 5 match directors and they all share the duties with one in charge per month. Spreads the work out among the group and prevents burn out. With all the USPSA shooters this shouldn't be a problem, but it is. If you shoot you should do your part and help support the matches.

Top Bottom