• ...and so much more!
  • Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Here is a pic of the TA01 at dusk: (camera wouldnt focus)

P3110009.jpg

And here it is at total darkness:

P3110012.jpg

My TA31F during daylight:

acogview003.jpg

And on the rifles: (with an EoTech 512)

P3050020.jpg

Last edited:

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    nicely done. i have the ta33-8 with the yellow chevron. based on your clear pics, i think the red might show up a bit better. i would have loved to have gotten a red horseshoe, but for the price i paid, beggars can't be choosers.

Shooter1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Tennyson "Warrick CO"
    I wish I took pictures of my TAO1NSN after 200 rounds! Not to bash ACOG but a 900 dollar scope should not have the reticle flake! Whoever seen "battle LA" and noticed the ACOG reticle had translucent blotches, that was what mine did! Their customer service sucks also! I still have mine and havent shot it yet since they fixed it. I will say the hold overs are near perfect with 69 smk's. Ill run it in May again to see what happens.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    ok somebody educate me. i just don't see 900 dollars here. are you paying for some superman scope or are you paying for the fact that the military uses these or what.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    ok somebody educate me. i just don't see 900 dollars here. are you paying for some superman scope or are you paying for the fact that the military uses these or what.

You're paying for arguably the best glass at that price point. For reticles that are practical - easy to use up close and at distance. And for rugged, reliable construction.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort

I didnt pay that much for either of mine, I bought/ traded for used ones. They are very durable optics, built like tanks.... and once you use them you will see that they are top tier optics.

how do ya like the eotech? im thinkin of getting one for my ar......once i finish it.

I like the Eos... although 2 were sold/ traded off to finance the ACOG purchases. Eos have also have had some reported issues but personally the 4 or 5 that I have owned over the years have been trouble free.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in

theres alot of scope there for the price. etched glass, extreamly clear glass, lumination, correct bdc, toughness. the only down side is the eye relief and i had a ta01. that model has the worst eye relief in the line

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I have never owned or even looked through a ACOG. Does the arrow point interfere with precision aiming? I assume that one would zero so the tip of the arrow is impact point?

I have a Leupold MK 4 1-5X that I like pretty well for my precision AR. It is repeatable and has good glass but still overpriced IMO. Eotecs I have zero use for after two (2) bad ones. The ACOG's look pretty clear and small in size. I am gonna have to check one out sometime.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    the arrow does effect precission shooting a little, but your not as much as the 4x zoom, your not really trying to shoot groups with a 4x optic often anyways. the acog was designed more for mom (minute of man) than moa (minute of angle) .

the thing i liked about the acog in my limited expearence with them is that i took it sighted it in @ 100 and at 600yds you could hit a 600 yd man size target every time. you wern't really working for head shots but they were all body shots.

to be honest i did not care for and sold my ta01 acogs. the eye relief was a deal breaker for me. then i shot some witha ta33 (i think) it was the model with more eye relief. the eye relief still was not what i liked but it was workable.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    the arrow does effect precission shooting a little, but your not as much as the 4x zoom, your not really trying to shoot groups with a 4x optic often anyways. the acog was designed more for mom (minute of man) than moa (minute of angle) .

the thing i liked about the acog in my limited expearence with them is that i took it sighted it in @ 100 and at 600yds you could hit a 600 yd man size target every time. you wern't really working for head shots but they were all body shots.

to be honest i did not care for and sold my ta01 acogs. the eye relief was a deal breaker for me. then i shot some witha ta33 (i think) it was the model with more eye relief. the eye relief still was not what i liked but it was workable.

Thanks

Top Bottom