• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'd been searching for one for a while. Availability and prices were an issue for me. Recently I came across a new one for a fair price and got it this week. Bought it from Buds. My local stops could not seem to get their hands on one. BGFA received the transfer for me. While there getting it Monday they had a M&P9c come in that day, snatched it up at the same time. It's been a good week!!! Tomorrow is a trip to the range.

Here are the pics... (I added VZ grips to it.)

With the VZ's...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Stock Grips...

picture.php

picture.php

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Sigh, you guys just HAVE to rub it in, don't you? The E series is one set of sweet looking guns. Would love to try to hold one and even shoot one sometime. Been lusting after this one for a while:

108485_01_md.jpg

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Saw one at the shop, the base model 5" gun.

Unimpressed to be honest. Very unimpressed and somewhat dissapointed.

:dunno:

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Range Update:
    Took it to the range today. I put about 80 rounds thru it. (Also tried out the new M&P9c) No FTF at all. It even likes the Wilson Combat Elite Tactical Mags. My S&W Performance Center Gov 1911 does not like those mags. This one did fine in the 4 loads on two WC mags I ran thru it.

The fell is great. Slightly lighter than the Kimber Raptor II i got a few months ago. Sight picture is good, trigger is crisp, but slightly heavy. I'll likely get that tweaked.

New, the slide is fairly firm when racking it. I suspect after a break-in time this will reduce slightly as it has on my other 1911.

On my part, I need to spend more time working my 1911's. I'm far more used to my other M&Ps with the trigger job. I need to work on my trigger pull a little.

All in all, very pleased with it.

Top Bottom