• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IUprof

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Fort Worth
    I'd like to buy a rough, non-functioning antique rifle to hang in my study. I don't want to pay $2,000 for a high quality antique! Any advice on where to look? I see gunbroker has antiques listed. I might even go for a used replica.

Thanks for any information.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Look here and Armslist. I have an 11 gauge wall hanger my dad won't let me sell. Supposed to be pretty rare. They pop up every now again, anywhere from $50 to $200 depending on make, model, condition, and rarity.

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    IMA and Atlanta Cutlery sell antique guns from an abandoned Royal Nepalese Army arsenal.

I purchased an uncleaned Nepalese Gahendra Martini from IMA a few years ago when they were on sale. It was in better condition than IMA’s pictures. The condition of the rifles may vary from good to poor. If you would like a rifle without all the dirt and rust they also have rifles that were cleaned.

http://www.ima-usa.com/militaria/original-antique-guns/untouched-antique-guns.html

Antique Guns & Rifles Untouched

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I have a "non-functional" first gen Marlin 1881 that I'll sell you for $1000. You said not $2000. :)

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Look for the Jewdenflinte or kar88 made by Ludwig and Lowe most of these were rushed into service when Germany needed a smokeless blot action rifle and by the time the Second World War was gearing up they were obsolete. Since they were Jewish made (Jewdenflinte) sears and roebuck sold them as German hunting rifles in the 1920's for 20 dollars. Not as strong or as easy to load as other military bolts of the time but good shooters and now they are hard to find. Years ago they were plentiful the make a nice wall hanger you can shoot.

Springfield trapdoors can be had for 500-1000 in 45-70 and 500-2000 in 50-70 most are missing something or another and I believe there are 22 caliber ones also.

many a faked civil war weapon cool be had to hang cheap when the owner discovers he has been had..

Dan35

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 21, 2013
    NE Indy
    Hello,

I have an Eclipse double barrel shotgun, with rabbit ears, that I would sell for $175. It was made 1830s-1850.
    The wood is very dark as you would expect for a gun this old, but no splits/cracks.
    Certainly you would not want to shoot it, but it is a superb wall hanger.

handyman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    muncie
    Check out local auctions. I've bought some cool ratty old wall hangers for less than $50!!! usually with no paperwork good luck!

Speedybruin4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    You might also check the bargain bin at Premier Arms in Brownsburg. They usually have a couple older shotguns/muzzleloaders available for a $100 or less.

They had 2 in there when I stopped in on Saturday. One was $99 and the other was $199 I believe.

Top Bottom