• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jlm262

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    indianapolis
    So I have this idea that for Christmas to buy my family (brother, mom, dad) a small little derringer type. I'd like to get in engraved, it will be more of a gun to just have then to go shooting with it. So my questions are: What brands should I look into? Where can I go to get it engraved? and Lastly Is there a option I'm over looking with a budget of 200 ea?

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    For small (a.k.a. micro) revolvers in .22 and .22mag, North American Arms (NAA) is good and comes in at that price point.
    Bond Arms makes cool little derringers in centerfire calibers (they push their .45 guns), but they're closer to $350+

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    So I have this idea that for Christmas to buy my family (brother, mom, dad) a small little derringer type. I'd like to get in engraved, it will be more of a gun to just have then to go shooting with it. So my questions are: What brands should I look into? Where can I go to get it engraved? and Lastly Is there a option I'm over looking with a budget of 200 ea?

I have been wanting to tell you something for a while but the timing was never right. We are brothers and I miss having my gun.... oh I mean brother in my life.

All kidding aside Tony is giving you good advice. I'm not sure what issues you might run into though if you let the Gun Shop know they are not for you.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Yep, if at all possible, I would leave Cobra Derringers out of your scope. I have had a few, the 38 Spl was reliable, but a major pain to shoot, and not accurate at all. The Rimfire that I still have isnt too inaccurate to shoot (considering what it is) but only fires about half the time.

My NAA mini revolver is a real peach to shoot in .22 LR, and not unpleasant in .22 Mag. The real kicker is, it is as small or smaller than the derringer, ALWAYS goes bang, and its accurate enough to make plinking pop cans at 10 yards lots of fun, and not much of a challenge.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I have owned a Taurus PT-22 for a long time. It is very close to 200 bucks.

It is a far more useful gun than the Davis 22Magnum and 38 special derringers that I own and cannot hit anything with. I can't imagine any engraving on these guns turning out well.

I admit though, until I bought a firing pin from Jack First, it broke two Taurus firing pins.

But I really like it.The only Taurus I like. And trust.

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    Just thinking here... Consider something in stainless and inquire with a jeweler (the real kind, not mall kind) about engraving. IE: ask if they have a gravemeister or can hand engrave what you want. Most real jewelers like guns and will dive into the opportunity. A bit pricey but the guns wont look like a carnival prize.

Sonney

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Be carefull to answere yes to the first question ( a ) on the FFL application. If you answere no then they can't sell you the pistol. The gifting laws are hard to understand. Look closely at that law. Remember you are buying the pistol in your name.

Sonney

Top Bottom