• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    I am going to be in the market for another handgun soon and wanting to hear some opinions about the options im considering. I am looking at either some variation of 1911 or some Sig, lets hear it guys???? :rockwoot:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    If you genuinely like your Glock, give the Smith & Wesson M&P a try. It really is like a Glock and a SIG had a son. It reminds me of shooting my old P226 but the bore is lower like a Glock and there isn't a decocking lever to worry about. I love a good SIG but there were a few things that kept me from getting more and the M&P really solved those issues for me.

No matter what you get just be sure to post pics!

totenkopf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    ill let you shoot both at robys sometime if ya let me shoot your glock 19. Ive shot MANY guns but Ive never shot a glock.

Don't feel bad, I've never shot a Glock either. But that's because the first handgun I ever shot was a Sig-Sauer, and since then, all of the other handguns I've acquired since then have been Sigs, save for one SW686. Who needs Glock when you've got Sigs that do everything you want? :D Sorry Glock gurus.

When I was at Bradis last week, I was tempted by a Glock pistol, but then I saw that police trade in P-225/P(6) laying in the case and the Glock became an afterthought. I left the store with that Sig, and wishing I'd had enough money to buy the other P-225/P(6) they had. But I can't complain, I got a great deal on a great 9mm pistol. It's small enough I can carry it concealed in the same holster I use for my P-229, in the event I want to switch from a .40 to 9mm in the summer.

So, given my strong affection for Sig pistols, I'd highly recommend a Sig. I own a few and might be able to offer you some further opinions if there are any specific models you're interested in. I will say one thing, if you want a Sig in .45, get a P-220 over the 1911. Nothing wrong with Browning's venerated design, but the P-220 is a DA/SA weapon, and therefore superior (in my opinion).

JGulley317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Marion Co.
    jbrooks19, use that money to put some night sights on that Glock of yours!

I know I'm totally off topic, but that's what I'd do...

IMO, Gulley

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I am going to be in the market for another handgun soon and wanting to hear some opinions about the options im considering. I am looking at either some variation of 1911 or some Sig, lets hear it guys???? :rockwoot:

Is the new gun for carry, range toy, other? What need (if any) are you trying to fill with the new gun. That would help us to make more educated comments.

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    Just a mix between range gun and EDC gun... I want something mid size so its carry-able but not to big and still big enough it is comfortable to shoot a lot.. Im leaning more towards 1911 since i have wanted one for a long time :D

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    They are nice but im going with a .45 if i go 1911 :D

QUOTE=venenoindy;2687798]Get an STI Spartan 9mm, just got one not to long ago and I like it a lot and they are about $600.00 IMO one of the best deals out there.[/QUOTE]

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    Just a mix between range gun and EDC gun... I want something mid size so its carry-able but not to big and still big enough it is comfortable to shoot a lot.. Im leaning more towards 1911 since i have wanted one for a long time :D

I carry my sig 1911 and i would not call it midsized. 1911's are pretty large in general and sigs feel even larger due to their weight. Amazing guns and I recommend them to everyone. If you don't have a 1911 yet I say to get one.

Top Bottom