• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    I have not yet decided if i will build a sbr or a 16in barrel yet but sense ive never had or built a tax stamp weapon yet i need to know what i can and cant have to avoid any felony violations... so far i know its illegal to own a krinkov parts kit and a receiver if i have the short barrel (so far i dont have anything) the parts kits i looking at do not have barrels (because of the barrel ban) my question is do i buy my parts kit and the receiver then file the paper work... wait the 6+ months for the ok then buy the barrel? or can i buy the parts kits and a barrel file paperwork then buy a receiver? question is if i do this how does the atf get the serial number for the reciever... or lastly can i buy the parts kit and the barrel then get a receiver transferred through a NFA dealer?

Some other questions i have is what is a ak74 krinkov parts kit worth with or without a barrel ( im want the side folding triangle stock)

What is best bulgarian or Russian what the value difference of the two parts kit.

right now im looking at a Russian AKS-74u Tula parts kit with no barrel for about $750

I want to make sure i do this build properly and legally but what options do i have if i choose to make this a 16in rifle instead.... i cant find much other than fake can's that are welded on.... how do the long welded/pinned krinkov bells look on one? i know ive seen them before but can seem to find any pictures any more

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I have not yet decided if i will build a sbr or a 16in barrel yet but sense ive never had or built a tax stamp weapon yet i need to know what i can and cant have to avoid any felony violations... so far i know its illegal to own a krinkov parts kit and a receiver if i have the short barrel

Not really true. Thats a pretty darn big stretch. I know AR guys get concerned about "constructive intent" if they have a SBR upper around with a non-NFA lower, because in theory they could slap the upper on and have an SBR. BUT, this isn't generally an issue with an AK. It takes a lot of tools and a fair bit of knowledge to do this, PLUS a lot of time. Hell, if this was true every parts kit you buy now that has a cut barrel could be built into a super short SBR. I wouldn't worry about this point at all.

(so far i dont have anything) the parts kits i looking at do not have barrels (because of the barrel ban) my question is do i buy my parts kit and the receiver then file the paper work... wait the 6+ months for the ok then buy the barrel? or can i buy the parts kits and a barrel file paperwork then buy a receiver? question is if i do this how does the atf get the serial number for the reciever... or lastly can i buy the parts kit and the barrel then get a receiver transferred through a NFA dealer?

My personal opinion, get everything, and then worry about it. Get the kit coming, get the barrel coming, and get the receiver. The only thing Ive ever struggled with on my krink build (that I'm having built, Im not screwing it up myself, I want it NICE), is if I want to put my name on it, OR if I want the builder to put their name on it. In theory, a "dealer built and papered" gun would be easier to sell in the long run than a gun with your name stamped on it.

Some other questions i have is what is a ak74 krinkov parts kit worth with or without a barrel ( im want the side folding triangle stock)

Buy a Russian kit from Welcome to the RGUNS Internet Storefront RGUNS - Gun Parts - Rifle Parts - AK Parts

Yes they are expensive, but they are NICE! and you will have a hard time finding better, for less.

What is best bulgarian or Russian what the value difference of the two parts kit.

Personally, they are equally as nice. The bulgy AKs are russian copies, and some are even built with russian parts from russian equipment.

right now im looking at a Russian AKS-74u Tula parts kit with no barrel for about $750

I want to make sure i do this build properly and legally but what options do i have if i choose to make this a 16in rifle instead.... i cant find much other than fake can's that are welded on.... how do the long welded/pinned krinkov bells look on one? i know ive seen them before but can seem to find any pictures any more

You can build the rifle either way, with a 16" barrel, or a welded on fake can on an 8" barrel. The fake cans are out there, but I haven't seen any new ones for sale in a while. Im building mine as a krink, with a "Bluejack" USA made barrel. I was going to cut down a bulgy barrel, but the new "bluejack made barrels are as close as you will get to a real russian with out paying outrageous prices. "bluejack" is on theakforum.net, Im not sure if he has any barrels left or not.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    now excuse my blonde moment but a aks74u is a stamped receiver correct? it looks to be but i want some one else to make sure and yes im currently looking at the rguns parts kit the other guy sold his

i probably will have to lean towards a 16in build for now ( i always can SBR it at a later time) but is anybody making the long pin on ak74 compenstators "bell style" or am i stuck with a fake can... what about the rguns 16 barrel what options to i have to hide that barrel?

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Yes, stamped receiver.

I dont know that anyone makes a bell style 74 comps that are 8" long. They make them for the 105s, which are maybe 4" long, but thats it.

other than a fake can I dont know of any other way to hide the barrel of an 8" barreled krink.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    well the damage to my wallet is done $890 bucks for the parts kit and 8in barrel receiver will most likely be a Nodak Spud nds-2sf whenever they get them in stock... i sent a email to Marcolmar firearms about the NFA transfer....... if he thinks there might be a problem ill just pin/weld the barrel extension and just make it a normal 16in rifle before i order my receiver

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Yes, stamped receiver.

I dont know that anyone makes a bell style 74 comps that are 8" long. They make them for the 105s, which are maybe 4" long, but thats it.

other than a fake can I dont know of any other way to hide the barrel of an 8" barreled krink.
    will maybe ill take the stock one or a us made one cut it in half and make a 8in compensator than way i go ahead with the build they cut off my tack weld when i get the thumps up on the SBR

Top Bottom