• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I have been looking long and hard at the sig 22x's. I have always favored stainless and therefore I am drawn to the stainless elites. This past week, I had a 220R-E in my hand that felt wonderful. My question is the durability of the alloy frames. I have heard of people talking ill of alloy frames in the 1911 not doing well with the .45 round. I also wonder if the alloy frame increases perceived or actual recoil as opposed to the stainless frames.

airmotive

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Although I own a couple 226s and 229s, nothing in .45. I do, however, carry a Colt New Agent and wifey carries a Colt Defender...both alloy-framed .45s. I've had no issues with any....even the .40 229.

The Colt Defender is my wife's second favorite gun to take to the range (behind the 226).

Really, the .45 is a 'soft' firing round. Nothing like the .40 or 10mm. IMHO, it's an ideal round for an alloy-framed platform.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Definition of "alloy" -

A substance composed of two or more metals, or of a metal or metals with a nonmetal, intimately mixed, as by fusion or electrodeposition.

Keep in mind that carbon steel and stainless steels are also alloys.

-J-

Top Bottom