• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • asystole86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Central Indiana
    When you guys are applying for the LTCH does your town Marshall bring you the app. take the app run his own background check bring it back with his signature print you at your house. give you the yellow envelope and say here mail this it's all done?.

How did the process go for you like what steps did you have to take?

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I went through a small town police department. The clerk on their staff went over the app with me (and the wife) and made sure they were filled out fine. They had one of the officers that was on duty and standing around at that point fingerprint us. We took all the paperwork to the USPS and sent it on its way.

Sounds like your situation was just as smooth, aside from the check the marshal did. He might have done that because he's putting his name on it. Dunno. + 1 for getting it done.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    I walked into the Madison Co sheriffs dept, filled out paperwork, got printed, and walked out 15 minutes after I arrived (they actually mailed everyting for me). This was a few years ago. Long before that (10yrs), I walked into the Henry Co sheriffs dept, ......... with the same result. I didn't know about the L1 option at the time of either. Now I've got my lifetime so I don't have to worry about it again....yay me! Although it's kinda cool with the fact that you didn't even have to do the running around, they came to you. Other side of that coin is that your local LEO may have been to every LTCH holder in his/her jurisdiction (including yours), just something for thought. Either way, congrats on getting it done, hope you got the lifetime.

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    Went to the Sherriff's office. Submitted the local application so they could check me out. Then returned a day later for an appointment to be fingerprinted and pay the local fee. Sherriff's office lady who fingerprinted me (old fashioned way) had the state app and necessary stuff all completed with the Sherriff's signature and had me sign it and gave me it to all to me in an addressed envelope. I paid the postage, added a money order for the state and put it in the mail. The process was all very smooth, but I wish I had known about the L1 fingerprinting! So much faster!

Top Bottom