• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    We had our gun club picnic today. I run it and cook the food. One of the things we do is setup various shooting sports on our bays, provide the firearms/ammo, and let everyone shoot for free. Lots of guys and grandfathers bring their kids and grandkids out to shoot and/or pig out on my BBQ.

I had Project Appleseed come in and run people through a short instruction and course of fire to give them a taste of Appleseed. One of the local volunteers is an 11 y/o girl who weighs about 90lbs soaking wet. She has shot a rifleman score several times and is a "Blue Hat" or non-instructing volunteer. For insurance reasons she can't officially be an "instructor-in-training" until she is 13. Its driving her nuts, because quite frankly she knows the material and is mature enough to do most of it. Her age does make it hard for "some students" to take her serious. But she does know how to shoot a rifle correctly and is an excellent shot. She does clear the line and assist in instruction on the line with slings and position.

For the .50 caliber Barrett stage on the rifle range, we do charge $5.00 per round so people don't take too much advantage of it and the club can be reimbursed the cost of the rounds shot. I comped this young girl a round. So I present for your viewing pleasure an 11 year old girl shooting a Barrett .50 caliber for the first time.

[video=youtube;Vo7yJU0zSGk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo7yJU0zSGk[/video]

I wasn't wearing hearing protection so I was startled a little at the end.
    wallbash.gif

Her father was one proud papa. (That's not her dad in the video)

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Nice! The .50 is a rush to shoot! that was awesome of you to comp her round! and 5 bucks is fair especially if it goes to the club. If you ever want another 50 to demo just let me know. Mine doesn't get enough use. Use your own ammo and I can donate a little for your cause. It is zeroed at 200 yards.

And those are the nicest benches I have seen at any range!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    The benches are nice. We recently updated the rifle range shooting area. Too bad we couldn't meet back a couple of months ago.

I would still like to meet up with you! I would love to check out that range. Plus I want to check out Appleseed. I hope things are going better!

Top Bottom