Anybody know where to find Advantage Arms G19 .22LR kit?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Anybody know of an individual or retailer in Indiana that has the Advantage Arms Glock 19/23 22LR conversion in stock? I've completely struck out on the internet.

Prefer one who wouldn't mind shipping it to me in Sellersburg, but at this point beggars can't be choosers.

Tried calling Plainfield Shooting Supplies this morning (Google shows they open at 10am on Sunday and I've read they carry the AA kits there) but the phone just rang through.

Thanks!

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    Last time I was in Bradis located in Camby they had one in but I'm not sure which model it was for, you may give them a ring.

1 (317) 856-8880

:ingo:

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Last time I was in Bradis located in Camby they had one in but I'm not sure which model it was for, you may give them a ring.

1 (317) 856-8880

:ingo:

Just called...they have one for the G17/22 for $279.

Said they'd check with their distributor tomorrow to see if they could find one for the G19.

Thanks for the tip! :yesway:

Littlejoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Elrod Indiana
    Quick-cash Fifearms had some a week ago.Not sure of the brand.It was in a white/clear box. They are in Greendale IN. Maybe alittle over a Hour from you.Ask for Rob. 812-537-0064

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    i did just look on glockstore.com...294.99

Didnt say out of stock.

However if you can get it for 279......better yet.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I got my AA kit for the Glock 27 at Plainfield. They had more, but not sure if they had one for the 17.

They are closed on Sundays.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    i did just look on glockstore.com...294.99

Didnt say out of stock.

However if you can get it for 279......better yet.

I looked there too...at the bottom of the page is this disclaimer:

.22 conversion kits are in huge demand and tight supply, therefore, no discounts are available on this item. Please be aware that the kits take 3-12 months to ship and possibly longer depending on manufacturing issues. You may place an order on our website and we will hold your information until the kit is in stock and ready to ship. We will not bill your credit card until the kit is in stock and ready to ship to you. Thank you for your patience.

I don't necessarily mind waiting a bit, especially if my card isn't charged until it ships...but I try to limit my unknown wait time to Manners stocks and NFA Form 4s :D

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Ol Bob had several the last time I checked but I'm not sure about for a 19?
    317-839-6095

Just got off the phone with PSS...they had a G19 Gen 3 kit in stock for $285; said shipping shouldn't be a problem, that he'd check shipping prices and call me back shortly.

EDIT: called me back in less than 5 minutes...$5 shipping to me so $311.01 to my door.

Thanks for the heads-up...just over the phone but some of the best gun shop customer service I've ever experienced!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Just got off the phone with PSS...they had a G19 Gen 3 kit in stock for $285; said shipping shouldn't be a problem, that he'd check shipping prices and call me back shortly.

EDIT: called me back in less than 5 minutes...$5 shipping to me so $311.01 to my door.

Thanks for the heads-up...just over the phone but some of the best gun shop customer service I've ever experienced!

Good to hear it. I've only had mine out a couple of times, but its been very reliable and a good training tool.

I need to find a source of inexpensive mags for these... had one source but didn't get my order in before they raised the prices.

andfc

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I got my AA G19/23 conversion from PSS a few weeks ago. After spending quite a bit of time looking for one, I was surprised and pleased to see several in stock. Glad they still had one for you!

BTW, I've got about 1200 rounds through it and I'm really happy with the performance and reliability. The first 300 were CCI minimags, then mostly $17/box Remington Gold 525 value box (with the gold glitter). I can make hits with an 8" spread at 50 yards pretty consistently, and it has been about as reliable as most .22 auto pistols I've seen around. It only takes a few seconds to switch slides. I'll switch a few times when I'm at the range, just so I don't get too comfortable with the negligible recoil. Also, it gets dirty fast - I've cleaned it after each session, probably 300-400 rounds, and it's needed it every time.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine!

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Kit showed up today via UPS...$5 UPS shipping?!? Nobody does that these days!

Immediately ripped it out of the packaging like Ralphie opening his Red Rider carbine and threw it on my G19...I see a range trip in my future tomorrow.

Now all that's left is getting a threaded barrel & adapter and starting the damn long NFA process...

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    Kit showed up today via UPS...$5 UPS shipping?!? Nobody does that these days!

Immediately ripped it out of the packaging like Ralphie opening his Red Rider carbine and threw it on my G19...I see a range trip in my future tomorrow.

Now all that's left is getting a threaded barrel & adapter and starting the damn long NFA process...

Glad to see you got one! Have fun!

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Took the G19 w/ AA 22LR kit to the range today.

After running 150 CCI 36gr Mini-Mags through it, I've decided this is EASILY the best firearm purchase I've ever made. It is very accurate (4 full mags/40 shots into a 2.5" group @ 7yd, 5 full mags into a 3" group at 10yd), stupid cheap to feed, recoil is nonexistant, and the training directly correlates to the weapon when I carry it.

I did experience a handful of failure-to-ejects and stovepipes (both amounting to maybe 10% of rounds) but I don't believe that's abnormal during the AA kit's break-in period. I think I had just one issue the last 30rds I put through it, so a through cleaning/oiling and maybe another 50-100 Mini-Mags down the pipe and it should be totally broken in.

Its going to make an AWESOME suppressor host...now I just need to come up with the scratch to get a threaded barrel/adapter and Huntertown Guardian 22 can...

Top Bottom