• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I always enjoy seeing people take responsibility for their futures.

There are some very stocked-up members on this forum. Preps are good. Having guns, ammo, gas, rice, water, med supplies, BOBs, knives, blankets.... All good.

BUT how many of you have stockpiled training? How many of you have invested in the most important item for SHTF......YOURSELF?

My second point is to get in shape. Healthy people survive stressful situations better. They are able to endure more physical and mental hardship and resist or recover from disease more easily. There are plenty of benefits from daily exercise and a good diet that will be noticeable even if **** never does hit the fan.

Get as much training as possible (medical, guns, wilderness survival, automotive repair, etc) and then practice. Reset your priorities and make yourself the survival machine rather than thinking your gear will do the work for you.

You're right about that. I'm not there yet, but I'm working on it. :)

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    i prep too but i only have enough food and water jugs for about 30 days. Also for those of you starting out dont forget everything else like tp,toothpaste,medical supplies,radios water filtration devices etc..etc..

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Along with buying a new house with a basement that will allow for real storage, I've started with this mindset as well. One of the better resources I have found for "preppers" is SurvivalBlog.com I spend weeks reading through the back articles and learned a great deal.

Even if no disaster occurs, you can save a bunch of money in the long run by beating inflation. A very good read is The Alpha Strategy: http://www.biorationalinstitute.com/zcontent/alpha_strategy.pdf The basics are that inflation will keep going, as long as we have fiat currency. If you can buy things now, at a cheaper price, you will be ahead. This goes doubly for ammo and firearms, because they face danger on two sides, increased price and increased anti-gun/anti-freedom legislation.

Top Bottom