Anyone have the Majestic Quick Strip Kit for MKII's??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chaz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2011
    Hey Guys,
    I have been watching the "Who shoots .22's" thread and I saw where a guy posted the Majestic Quick strip kit for the MKII's. It "looks" like a cool deal but I am concerned if there are any "side effects" to the gun after it's installed. It's the old "too good to be true" thing cause you know, if you have one, it is a bit of a process to clean the little fella. And I really like shooting it!
    I've already had a trigger job done to it and don't really want to go backwards with that either.
    Whatcha think??
    Thanx!
    Chaz

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    I'm here for more reviews too. I've been hemming and hawing about getting one for months. I love my MKIII 22/45, but every time I clean it I think, this is gonna be the time if finally goes right back together. It's never that time. :D

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    It's not that difficult like, oh say...splitting an atom. I don't have 15 field stripped Rugers in my safe and puddle of tears on the floor in front of it.

But I don't like having to refer to notes every time I clean my freakin pistol. I can solve a rubiks cube in 45 seconds but I have to break out the manual every time I put my 22/45 back together. That's nuts. If I could spend $50 and have it simplified/mags dropping free/no mag safety...it's more than worth it to me, as long as they don't cause any reliability issues. That's what I'm here to find out if anyone has had with this modification.

Chaz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2011
    You hit the nail on the head Dave! (or stated differently, "drove the tack" :D ) My sentiments exactly! I love my MKII and shooting is a blast but stripping it makes me cringe. (hold it this way, that way, yadda yadda yadda... pain in the butt!)
    And it's not that it can't be done, as all who have them know (that clean them anyway) but simplicity and time savings makes the total shooting experience that much better. It's like, why drive and hour and a half to a range if you can find one right around the corner!!?
    Anyway, hopefully someone will chime in with some experience and let us know - "EITHER WAY" on their feelings about this mod. I hope for good reviews but the truth is the most important.
    Oh, and, if a person doesn't want to post a negative review for some reason, please PM me. I understand their feelings but, we are a "family", as it were, and I certainly always try to steer family and friends in the best way possible - as I know it.
    Thanx in advance!

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Nice set up

The Majestic speed strip is nice and will not affect anything but disassembly. I believe that I read where it takes care of the mag disconnect and something else and that is not true.
    It replaces the mainspring that is used for disassembly.

Chaz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2011
    Thanx Simon. I assume you are speaking from experience. At least I hope so. I was also hoping for more reply's of people who would have made this modification already (unless it is a brand new product??). It just seems sooooooo good that I thought many others would have done it. Hmmmm, maybe that tells me something........ :rolleyes:
    The guy in the video does a great job with explaining and is fairly precise on the explaination (which is good) but, I tend to have more faith in the end users and their opinions.
    Anyway, hope to hear more.
    Thanx again!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    That was probably me.

I have used the Majestic Arms Speed Strip since buying one out of the back of Guns & Ammo circa 1996. I have more than several 22/45s* but they are all MkIIs and all my 22/45s sport the Majestic Arms device.

I know that Dino now claims that the device "improves" the trigger on the MkIII 22/45. I cannot answer that as I only have MkIIs.

I did have the device installed on my father's MkIII that I gave him and it did take most of the slack out of the trigger, as to "improving" it, not sure as triggers are so subjective.

I have it to speed the cleaning process.

*in the mid-90s when I came back from Chicago, the MkII 22/45 were selling for under $200 so I started buying them as I am a big believer in having multiple copies of the guns I like--have a deep bench.

Chaz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2011
    So Kirk, I hate to bug you but, have you had, or noticed, any adverse issues with the "kit" in the performance of the gun?? Sounds to me as tho you are very experienced with these guns so I will take your word as golden. I guess I may be getting a little picky but I use this gun for Bullseye shooting in local competition.
    I can't imagine there being any issues but, like I said, I'm not all that versed in the internal workings, except for cleaning. It just seems that if it can be that easy to put that type set up on a Mark then "why didn't Ruger"?? And that's not to say other inventors/tinkerors/etc. can't come up with even better stuff than the "professionals" at times (they dang sure can) but, it just seems so simple and...........convenient.
    Thanx again for the response!!!!!!! I appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yesway:
    Chaz

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So Kirk, I hate to bug you but, have you had, or noticed, any adverse issues with the "kit" in the performance of the gun??

I've had my first Speed Strip in my oldest 22/45 since 1996 and experienced no adverse issues and I shoot the stuffing out of my guns.

I guess I may be getting a little picky but I use this gun for Bullseye shooting in local competition.

If for Bullseye you need a gunsmith on the trigger, no drop in kit can do that kind of mission-specific weapon justice.

Chaz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2011
    Thanx Kirk!!! I appreciate the time and help! I will be ordering one! That will make life a little nicer and my time a little free-er. :)
    As far as the trigger pull, I didn't really want it to change that since I have already had the trigger job done. But, if it does change it, it will just have to go back to the "smith" for another one. That'll be a bummer but, if I can keep my nice, clean trigger pull AND be able to pull it down to clean it with one allen screw, well, "Life is Good"! :rockwoot:
    Thanx again for all the help!!!!!
    Chaz

Top Bottom