• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shamowfski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Should the hammer catch on the disconnect here, or was this part of my "trigger job"?

IMG_0478.JPG

IMG_0479.JPG

shamowfski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Think I figured it out:

That "hold" keeps it from being fully auto?

If I keep the trigger held down and work the hammer, it catches there then, then if i release the trigger, it catches on the primary "hold" on the hammer. If that secondary catch wasn't there, then while I held the trigger down, the hammer would just keep going till I let off the trigger.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The full auto (M16) lower is actually a different lower than the semi-auto AR15 lower. I don't know type of trigger you installed, but it looks like it might be a RRA 2 stage trigger. A 2 stage trigger is not going to go full auto by simply eliminating that part you refer to as the 'catch' or 'hold'

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The full auto (M16) lower is actually a different lower than the semi-auto AR15 lower. I don't know type of trigger you installed, but it looks like it might be a RRA 2 stage trigger. A 2 stage trigger is not going to go full auto by simply eliminating that part you refer to as the 'catch' or 'hold'

Not really. The only discernable difference is the auto sear pin hole (reference the pin above "semi" in my avatar). Some newer production AR lowers have a "high shelf" behind the trigger group whereas an auto sear would not fit in there without substantial milling. Other than that they are the same. Trigger pin, hammer pin,
    take-down pin, selector, they are all in the same place as in an AR lower.
    attachment.php

Last edited:

shamowfski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    It's just a 4lb trigger job from Bill Springfield (you send him your trigger, he works it, sends it back). I wasn't going to mess with it anyway, I was just wondering what it was for, and whether or not it should be touching.

Top Bottom