• ...and so much more!
  • Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    Is this a good buy or not?
    They are saying that the "mid gas system that has been cut approx .116" short." What does that mean? Will it be safe to shoot?
    It is a good looking unit but I'm not sure if it is worth the money.
    What would happen if down the road I need work done one it, will there be a problem if another gunsmith works on it?:dunno:

18" BD 1x8 SS Mid Free Float Tube Blem Complete - Limited Time While Supplies Last

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    The "problem" is in their description

mid gas system that has been cut approx .116" short. You can not put standard 2 pc handguards on this upper.

The "problem" is the location of the gas port hole. It won't allow a regular FSB to be installed and the front retaining cap to be put in place to hold 2 piece handguards.

As long as you stick with the free float they put on it or put another one piece free float midlength size or longer on it, it won't matter.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    It is a very good buy. It will shoot up to and including 80 grain bullets. It won't be confusing to an future gunsmith. It will be safe to shoot. You won't need to have work done on it until you have shot out the barrel and need a new one. Then the .116 short will be resolved.

Not a big deal. If I needed one, I would buy one. Without a doubt. That is a very good price.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom