• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1911 mike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    3rd rock from the sun
    My brother in-law bought an AR when he got out of the service in 1971. He has fired it 30 times. It came with a bayonet and 2 - 5 round mags. He then bought 5-30 round mags and it has sat in the safe since 71. It is bare bones stock and now he wants to sell it. It looks beautiful. Not one mark on it. Now about how much is it worth? He wants to sell it before the new laws come down. He has been told he could get about $2200 for it. Whats the price going for now? He is in the Elkhart area and as soon as I can find out a price he should be ready to sell. .223 cal. He got old and just not into his firearms any more. What say you members?/

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    Considering the vintage, there are some retro collectors who would likely be quite a bit more than $2200 interested. You need to get in touch with a website that is geared specifically toward AR-15's, to find out.

djhuckle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Yeah, I'm not that familiar with them either, but I would say the vintage may add to the price.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    With the madness going on now thats possible. I saw one last summer I would say was in the near mint for 1000.00. Prices are crazy now,Someone has a DIAS they might be interested.

Top Bottom