• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yeti rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Lafayette
    What is the usual method of transport for your rifle? I was looking at soft cases and hard cases. I'm guessing they both have their own advantages/disadvantages. Does anyone care to chime in?

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I prefer soft for local transportation, if you plan on flying hardcases are required.

Soft packs better for me in my vehicle and provides all the protection that I want for my AR's, and they're lighter. None of that may apply to you if you only transport one AR.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Yeah, I prefer soft cases... easy to use, soft against the body when carrying/slung over shoulder. But I'm not traveling on airlines with them, and none of my rifles are 'collector items' by any stretch.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    I have both. I bought the hard case first because I needed a case to travel with and it was on sale. I later bought the soft case because I can throw it over my shoulder while carrying my other gear.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Soft cases are so much easier to store as they take up less room. They don't provide the same level of protection, but it's mostly not needed.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I have both and really prefer soft cases. I have several Drago cases and use them and they're great with lots of pouches. I also have a Pelican 1720 and 1700 but even empty they're heavy, load them up with a long gun and several handguns and dayum. They're great for transportation if you need a hard case but loaded they're just heavy

tacticalmaster45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 18, 2016
    Evansville
    Soft cases here too - they are typically half cost of hard cases and take up a third of the space. Hard cases have their place as those before me have stated but for 90% of firearm transportation soft cases will serve you well.

Top Bottom