• ...and so much more!
  • indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    Okay, this is my first time putting together an AR15 lower. :rockwoot: Its been smooth sailing so far, until I got to the point of putting my A2 stock on. (Surplus Arms lower, "Model 1" A2 stock). My directions say:

"Rear Takedown Pin – This step is similar to the last one. You will install the rear takedown pin detent in from the backside of the receiver with the spring behind it. Install the takedown pin. Now, the spring will get its tension from the full installation of the butt stock.'

Okay. I can install the takedown pin, no problem. I can slide the detent in from the back of the receiver, no problem. I just can't get the detent spring to go in the stupid friggin detent spring hole. It's close, but it just wont go in there... like it's a little too wide. It also looks like the inside of the detent spring hole is threaded... but I don't know why it would be. Any tips on how to get that spring in that hole??

Any help you can provide this AR newbie is much appreciated.

Thanks!!!

:ingo:

phidelt208

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    LOL Funny thing I just finished my Lower last night and did the same thing.
    Also a Surplus Arms and Ammo Lower
    Love mine.

TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    The detent hole is threaded (probably 4-40) in case you build the lower as a pistol. Most pistol receiver extensions (buffer tubes) don't have a way to hold on a receiver end plate to retain the spring, so you can cut the detent spring down and use a setscrew to retain it.

Top Bottom