• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shadowmun43

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Good Day fellow Shooter's, I was wondering if anybody had any feed back on the AR15 carbine that R.P.G. sells and what they think of the gun.:ar15:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Never heard of 'em. :dunno:

Got a link?

Let me google that for you

Rifles

I'm guessing in that price range, Esrice and many others are going to tell you to go with a Spikes, and based on his reviews of them on the forum https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...view_spikes_tactical_st_15_m4_le_carbine.html), I probably would do so (again, in that price range).

And of course, here's the obligatory:

So you want to buy an AR-15, huh?

I'm curious, how did you happen to come across them? Seems like kind of an interesting first post.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Let me google that for you

Rifles

I'm guessing in that price range, Esrice and many others are going to tell you to go with a Spikes, and based on his reviews of them on the forum https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...view_spikes_tactical_st_15_m4_le_carbine.html), I probably would do so (again, in that price range).

And of course, here's the obligatory:

So you want to buy an AR-15, huh?

I'm curious, how did you happen to come across them? Seems like kind of an interesting first post.

Holy cow! You should Mod for me the rest of the day! :laugh:

shadowmun43

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    I bought one from classicarms.com with S.H. out the door for about $730.00 I can say the manufacture Rocky Point Gun does have a great warranty any problems and they will make it right. I joined this forum to see if anybody has any input on this manufacture and what they think of their AR15 carbine. I guess the company just started producing the AR's I dont know if they are part guns. Where they make them is in S.C. I can't say much more than that other than what I know about my rifle that I have recieved from them.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I bought one from classicarms.com with S.H. out the door for about $730.00 I can say the manufacture Rocky Point Gun does have a great warranty any problems and they will make it right. I joined this forum to see if anybody has any input on this manufacture and what they think of their AR15 carbine. I guess the company just started producing the AR's I dont know if they are part guns. Where they make them is in S.C. I can't say much more than that other than what I know about my rifle that I have recieved from them.

From the looks of the site you mentioned, I wouldn't buy anything there. Looks like a referral site just making money off of passing search results on.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Classis arms can be hit or miss. Just call them before you order....their website sucks.

As for the ar in question, my question would be "why?" For the same or a little more you can get a rifle from a known and reputable company. $0.02

shadowmun43

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Rocky Point Guns

First and formost I'm not promoting any web site or gun company, I'm just asking if anybody has bought a gun from this company and what they have to say about it's guns, The only gun company Iv'e ever bought from has been colt but I didn't have the funds to buy a colt M4 so I went with this company, my personal feeling is colt in my book is the best and I'll never buy anything else but a colt and will probably roll this M4 carbine later and up grade to the colt and lesson learned the hard way, I just thought that a new company would make a decent product! seem like people here are real judgemental on every honest question that is asked.:n00b:

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    First and formost I'm not promoting any web site or gun company, I'm just asking if anybody has bought a gun from this company and what they have to say about it's guns, The only gun company Iv'e ever bought from has been colt but I didn't have the funds to buy a colt M4 so I went with this company, my personal feeling is colt in my book is the best and I'll never buy anything else but a colt and will probably roll this M4 carbine later and up grade to the colt and lesson learned the hard way, I just thought that a new company would make a decent product! seem like people here are real judgemental on every honest question that is asked.:n00b:

Naaa, it's not that bad. ;) You asked a valid question, and a good one at that. I hope this first encounter on the boards hasn't soured you. This really is a pretty good forum with tons of good info. Welcome!:ingo:

Johnson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Indiana
    I just thought that a new company would make a decent product! seem like people here are real judgemental on every honest question that is asked.:n00b:

Hmmm.....I just re-read every post in this thread (twice, in fact) and couldn't find a single judgmental response? If anything, members were just responding to what you asked, and politely at that!

I'm seriously curious; what post did you find judgmental and why?

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Hmmm.....I just re-read every post in this thread (twice, in fact) and couldn't find a single judgmental response? If anything, members were just responding to what you asked, and politely at that!

I'm seriously curious; what post did you find judgmental and why?

he's probably referring to my response. I wasn't trying to be mean to ya, OP. I have looked at those rifles many times as I am a frequent browser of Classic Arm's web page. But based on what I see there and on other webpages, it doesn't seem that those rifles offer any real savings and/or advantages over available products.

I personally would be wary of spending $700 on a rifle from a company that is virtually unknown, especially given some of the stories I have read concerning Classic Arms's CS. (My own experience was mixed, but mostly positive).

I try not to get into the AR-15 brand wars. Some people refuse to admit that an $800 rifle can equal their $1200 one. And some people refuse to admit their $800 rifle is not as good as a $1200 one.

obviously ymmv.

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana

Well, don't take it too personal shadowmun43. And I can only give you an honest semi – knowledgeable synopsis of RPG. I have thought of writing a review on the RPG LE-15, but the reality is I do not feel can give an honest review when I have limited experience with other AR platform rifles to compare it to. But I will give my opinion, though it sounds as if you may have a better “comparison” understanding than I have. First, I have had many dealings with Classic Arms and have always been completely satisfied with the results. Granted it has mainly been with C&R firearms and surplus ammo, but I did purchase my RPG through Classic Arms and it was a smooth transaction and the shipping was reasonable. Now for those not familiar with the RPG LE-15, it is manufactured by Rocky Point Guns, http://rockypointguns.com/, located….TA DA…in Rocky Point, North Carolina. The AR platform RPG I purchased is the RPG LE-15 with a M4 Heavy Barrel flat top and came as a package with a red/green dot scope, Harris style bi-pod quad rails and covers, 2 metal 30 rnd. magazines and shipped in a hard case. $860.00 OTD(includes shipping, taxes, and transfer fees) The following picture is how it arrived with the only addition being the sling and riser mount:
    IMGP0009.jpg

Yes, there are other options for that kind of green, but with all that was included in the package, I feel it was a good buy. For the firearm itself, here are my observations and opinions. The RPG looks and feels good, though it is a bit heavier than I had imagined. I have fired around 200 rnds. With no issues so far. Use of the red/green scope was a bit uncomfortable, the reason for adding a riser mount. Accuracy is excellent for me and a red dot up to 50 yds (bulls eye size grouping)( 3-4” @ 100 yds,)(ADCOM M193 , 55 grn.223 ammo) but I am limited at distance due to the red dot scope(my issues, not the scopes). Last week I mounted a 2x7 scout scope and will check accuracy at and in excess of 100 yds soon. Again these are my opinions, but I believe at the very least it is a good bang for the bucks. Someone of our INGO brethren who is more knowledgeable are more than welcome check mine out sometime if they wish. Hope this may answer some questions. What is your opinion since you own one also??

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'll also say I did not intend to offend the OP.

I now see that the Classic Arms website is actually Classic Arms Inc. (with a .us domain) whereas the one mentioned by the OP specifically (see above quote) was classicarms.com which is a DNS squatter (and therefore my comment on not buying anything from that site). When someone refers you to a DNS squatter it is always suspect.

So for that misunderstanding, I apologize.

Also, I'm no expert on AR's (actually an AR noob and reading as much as I can get on the topic here and other places) and certainly not an AR snob as I just purchased an S&W Sport, which many folks would not even consider.

Last edited:

shadowmun43

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    R.P.G.

Thanks for the welcome and some of your opions, First let me say if your at the $700.00 to $800.00 mark in saving up for AR15 keep going a while longer and get a colt or a company that's been around for sometime.what they say is true at least in my case you get what you pay for! Mosineer I have a question for you sir, I have shot my M4 126 rounds(L.C.) down range two seperate times and had two double feed jams and tore up the edge of my buffer which is gold in color. All the buffers in my colt's have been silver over the years,two does the bolt when the gun is empty sometimes closes then stay open like it should? Have you had any of these happen to you when firing your wepon? Well gentleman I really like your input and will post some pictures of my gun here soon for to help in getting more honest expert opions from ya...:rockwoot:

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Thanks for the welcome and some of your opions, First let me say if your at the $700.00 to $800.00 mark in saving up for AR15 keep going a while longer and get a colt or a company that's been around for sometime.what they say is true at least in my case you get what you pay for! Mosineer I have a question for you sir, I have shot my M4 126 rounds(L.C.) down range two seperate times and had two double feed jams and tore up the edge of my buffer which is gold in color. All the buffers in my colt's have been silver over the years,two does the bolt when the gun is empty sometimes closes then stay open like it should? Have you had any of these happen to you when firing your wepon? Well gentleman I really like your input and will post some pictures of my gun here soon for to help in getting more honest expert opions from ya...:rockwoot:

I have not had any issues at all. No jams, FTF's, or FTE's. The bolt locks back on last round. Sorry to here you have had issues. Makes me wonder about possible future problems. I am very satisfied with my RPG. I believe I would be checking out their lifetime warranty. Definitely looks to be a problem. What ammo are you using?? and have you had the same issue with more than one ammo manufacture?

shadowmun43

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Mosineer, I can say for a fact seeing how R.P.G. is just getting into the AR15 buisness they have the best warranty on their gun's,send them a picture of what is wrong on your gun and they replace it no problem,my gun I guess was number 36 in production what was your's if you don't mind me asking, I figure seeing how close to the starting line mine was the builders may have not been so alert on some detail but in the end R.P.G. made it right and thats what counts most.I'll be doing some more shooting after my new buffer arrives and will report how the gun shoots.

Top Bottom