• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    With all the talk of the rapture and zombie apocolypse it got me thinking, Are you truly prepared for what might happen? I'm not talking about either of these type of situations, but if you walked out of your house today and never returned because of a fatal car accident or sudden illness, are you truly prepared?

Whether you are or not, have you prepared your family for this situation?
    Have you talked to your family about your wishes. Do you have a living will, or a health care representative to make decissions for you?

Do you have life insurance, or will your spouse struggle to not loose the house? Do you have a will? Does it really say what you want it to or is it out of date by more than 5 years?

What if it's you and your spouse that doesn't return, do you have guardians named for your minor children? Do you have a trust set up for them? What if they're teenagers, do you have a letter written to them, telling them all the things you want them to know about life and just parental advice you might not get to tell them in person?

Does someone outside of your immediate household know where your important papers are? The combination to your safe if you have one?

If you walked out of your house today to never return, are there things in your house that you wouldn't want your family to find?

Something to think about...the probablity of this happening is greater than some SHTF senerio. I know it happened in my life.

So are you truly prepared???

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I have been prepared in that way ever since I joined the military in '76. The more prepared for things in that way that you are, allows you to spend time and energy on doing the other things you need to do.
    Bob

xmas_asn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Fort Irwin, Ca
    I have preparations for family situations like Life Insurance, and some cash help back.

But for SHTF I don't have a full out bomb shelter like in the movie "Adam", but I have enough ammo to slay the Mongolian Hordes, about 10 Cases of MRE's, and 4 Cases of water.

I figured that I can hold out for government help. Still keeping in mind the quote from Ronald Reagan.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"

:D

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    Regarding funeral wishes, go on line or get one of the fill in the box lists from a funeral home. It takes a lot of stress off of your loved ones if you have already decided what you want done, what music, etc. you want. It leaves them with a plan in an often unexpected situation, and allows them to take the time to grieve.

As far as insurance, deeds, keys and such, EVERYONE should have a notebook on where things are and what you want done. Do not forget to state if you are in an unresponsive state if you want a DNR or not. Takes a lot of heat off of the family.

Zero_ek

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Alexandria
    My main problem with being prepared. I can't talk to my girlfriend without her "freaking out" or "panicing" about the situation. And I'm not the type to prepare myself and just bail out without her I guess. I really need to start getting things set up to become prepared.

Top Bottom