• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Yes, Armalite is great quality.

Up to about 2 years ago, you couldn't buy an Armalite lower receiver, stripped. They only offered Eagle Arms (exact same parts, just a different logo) as components. They did away with Eagle Arms and now only sell Armalite.

I have Armalite parts in every one of my AR's

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I got an email from an online dealer offering Armalite stripped lowers for $100. I am not real familiar with the Armalite name, is it a quality manufacturer? It is my understanding that they didn't offer stripped lowers before.

I cannot beat the drum enough for Armalite in terms of NRA Highpower. Not so many years ago, if you wanted the best, this is what you bought.

They have a part number for it, but show out of stock.
    M15 ARMALITE LOWER RECEIVER ANODIZED

At a $50 discount, I would wonder where they came from. My first guess would be another dealer that went out of business and they picked up their inventory?

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    The Armalite Inc. of today has about as much to do with the original ArmaLite (a division of Fairchild Aircraft) as Springfield Inc. does with the original Springfield Armory. That is to say, not very much.

So they bought the name........that doesn't sound very OG to me

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ho Hum... Here we go again...

Wasn't there a thread earlier about this theme.....

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    Armalite of today is the old Eagle Arms that was sold to Mark Westrom, he was also able to buy the Armalite name and use it.

The guy who started Eagle Arms now owns/runs Lewis Machine & Tool (LMT).

Armalite is a very good to excellent brand for the AR platform. They are no Colt.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Kind of. ;)

http://www.armalite.com/images/Library\History.pdf

The Armalite Inc. of today has about as much to do with the original ArmaLite (a division of Fairchild Aircraft) as Springfield Inc. does with the original Springfield Armory. That is to say, not very much.

:D

So they bought the name........that doesn't sound very OG to me :):

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ho Hum... Here we go again...

Wasn't there a thread earlier about this theme.....

Is there a problem with the truth? :dunno:

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Is there a problem with the truth? :dunno:

Of course there isn't. The problem, my brother, is the implied question of quality that comes with the statement. Colt isn't operated by the original owners either. So, do they suck too?

I just don't get why every time Armalite comes up in conversation, somebody jumps up and down, waving their arms over their head, screaming "IT'S NOT THE ORIGINAL COMPANY!!!!!!"

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I bought a Delaware Mach. stripped lower from R-Guns, after the transfer fee it was $80($65 for the lower). It went together fine. Might be something to think about, it would save you a little money for something else.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Of course there isn't. The problem, my brother, is the implied question of quality that comes with the statement. Colt isn't operated by the original owners either. So, do they suck too?

I just don't get why every time Armalite comes up in conversation, somebody jumps up and down, waving their arms over their head, screaming "IT'S NOT THE ORIGINAL COMPANY!!!!!!"

Why?

Because 9 out of 10 think that they are the ORIGINAL, and will keep thinking that if someone doesn't set the record straight.

As far as "the implied question of quality........" I guess that would be up to the reader who is getting butthurt about it because he thinks he and the rifle he chose are being picked on.

:twocents:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I got an email from an online dealer offering Armalite stripped lowers for $100. I am not real familiar with the Armalite name, is it a quality manufacturer? It is my understanding that they didn't offer stripped lowers before.
    That is the best price I have seen on any Armalite or Eagle lower since I bought eagle lowers years ago for $80+ something from Quantico. Best deal since then was Rockriver lowers from Shooter521

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Because 9 out of 10 think that they are the ORIGINAL, and will keep thinking that if someone doesn't set the record straight.

Soo... That doesn't apply to Colt?

As far as "the implied question of quality........" I guess that would be up to the reader who is getting butthurt about it because he thinks he and the rifle he chose are being picked on.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Soo... That doesn't apply to Colt?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Roll around laughing all you want, the fact is the Armalite of today was the former Eagle Arms and Colt is still Colt.

I have never said that an Armalite AR15 isn't a quality rifle, and I have never belittled anyone's choice of what rifle they buy.

Do not take offense to the following, I saw this on another forum the other day and thought I'd post it here to add a little comedy.

butthurt_report_form.jpg

:):

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I bought a Delaware Mach. stripped lower from R-Guns, after the transfer fee it was $80($65 for the lower). It went together fine. Might be something to think about, it would save you a little money for something else.

Are those still available? Delaware Mach. went Tango Uniform (toes up) at least a year ago. I thought that their inventory was depleted long ago...

Top Bottom