• ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    sun-sentinel.com/news/local/palmbeach/sfl-429storestandoff,0,1376760.story
    South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Armed standoff between West Palm Beach customer, store workers ends in arrest

By Jerome Burdi
    10:55 AM EDT, April 29, 2008
    WEST PALM BEACH

Memo to shoppers: Next time Mr. Whipple tells you to stop squeezing the Charmin, pay attention. He might be packing heat.

A West Palm Beach man pulled out a gun in an argument with two supermarket managers, who then whipped out their own guns, police said Tuesday.

The man fired into the store and at one of the managers, but no one was injured, police said.

Marshall Grant, 72, is charged with attempted murder, shooting in an occupied building, aggravated assault and carrying a concealed firearm in connection with the 5 p.m. Monday incident at the IGA Supermarket at 1000 36th St.

Police said the problem started when store manager Marino Hernandez shouted at Grant that he was walking into the store through the wrong doors.

The men got into an argument, and when Hernandez told Grant he should take his business elsewhere, Grant pulled out a revolver, police said.

An assistant manager, Roberto Espinal pulled out his gun and pointed it at Grant, police said.

As Grant backed out of the store, Hernandez also pulled a gun, police said.

Grant fired three shots into the store, which had several customers inside, according to authorities.

Hernandez yelled at Grant to drop the gun.

Instead, Grant got behind a car and pointed his gun. He shot again, this time at Hernandez, police said.

Hernandez did not return fire, police said.

The two managers got on either side of Grant and told him to drop the gun because police were on their way. He did.

"They have a right to protect their business and themselves," police Capt. Pat Maney said. "They showed great restraint by not firing back ... That store has been robbed several times."

Copyright © 2008, South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Restraint hell! If somone is shooting at me I'm shootin back...

The very first sentence uses the phrase "packing heat" as well as implies that the manager is likely to draw down on you for a minor offense. You have to get by the obvious anti-2A editorializing.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Oh man, if I worked there and someone was squeezing MY Charmin? Holy **** man, I'm bustin' a cap in his ass, yo!

Top Bottom