• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    2 quick questions... I got a new glock 22 3rd gen the other day and noticed a few things.

The ejector is black instead of the grey/black color of the slide. Its not very noticeable, but its certainly different. Is this coated in something different? Is it new? what?

Also, the barrel has "AT" as well as the pentagon and .40 marked on the TOP. This is different from my other two glocks as they only had the pentagon and .40 on the SIDE. Now, I know what the last two mean, but what does "AT" stand for? Austria?

Thank you!
    -Ed-

Last edited:

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I no longer have any .40's, so I might not be any help.

Looking at 9mm's and a .357, the top only has caliber and the side has serial number, Glock symbol, and the pentagon.

I will assume you met to say extractor, rather than ejector. The ejector is small and is bare metal in color and sits up top of the trigger housing which is polymer or plastic and black in color. Looking at the extractor, mine sure looks the same as the slide, but my eyes aren't the best.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    3rd gen glock 27 (and how my g19 was too)

2012-01-12_17-50-42_668.jpg

new 3rd gen glock 22

2012-01-12_17-51-34_877.jpg

(just the serial # is on the side now)

and the piece (extractor) I'm talking about is this one (not my picture)

d_722.jpg

It is a glossy black color while the one on my g27 and g19 are the same matte grey/black color that the glock slide is.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Ok I figured out the "AT" does mean austria, here is an american version (i'll still pretend it means "Anti Tank")

CIMG1926.JPG

Last edited:

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Here is a decent picture of the extractors. Top is the 22 (black) and bottom is the 27 (slide color). I noticed the 27 looks silver-ish here, it matches the slide, the black came out well in the photo, though. Still dont know what the deal is with that. Everything else has been solved, though, haha.

extractor.jpg

Top Bottom