• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    Anybody got one? THey seem good quality but havent heard anybody putting rounds through one yet. I am going to buy one for a home defense gun/range toy and occasional carry once I break it in. I thought about a RIA but the GI model sights are horrible and the tactical model is nowhere to be found locally. I want a 1911 and this is in my price range ($420ish max). I am no 1911 expert but would these hold up well? Yes I realize there are better 1911s out there but this is the one I can afford now. Thanks for your input.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Anybody got one? THey seem good quality but havent heard anybody putting rounds through one yet. I am going to buy one for a home defense gun/range toy and occasional carry once I break it in. I thought about a RIA but the GI model sights are horrible and the tactical model is nowhere to be found locally. I want a 1911 and this is in my price range ($420ish max). I am no 1911 expert but would these hold up well? Yes I realize there are better 1911s out there but this is the one I can afford now. Thanks for your input.

Pretty sure the ATI and RIA are made by the same people. I haven't seen any issues with ATI guns. :yesway:

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    they are both made in the Phillipines along with MetroArms, but I think all 3 are different companies. RIA has a reputation for good customer service; ATI not so much. Just something to consider.

I have a MetroArms American Classic Commander and it has been a nice blaster fwiw

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Most of the Filipino 1911s seem to be fairly well executed; the main differences among them are the features/finishes/grips spec'ed by the various importers.

Armscor, Shooters Arms Mfg. and MetroArms are the manufacturers in the PI; several companies import their products into the US under various brand names, including Rock Island, ATI, American Classic, Citadel, Iver Johnson, High Standard and Cimarron. IME, the ATI "FX" series guns seem to have the best overall fit and appearance.

Top Bottom