• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Having done business with you before I'd rather buy from you if you have options. It's in the cart but not bought yet.

All I have is in the link above. I have other Thermal options, but not in the ATN price range. I wont even order them for people. I worked very hard at earning my reputation, Im not willing to throw it down the drain (even if it is at the customers request) on ATN products. A customer asking me to order something that I advise against has a way of turning into "x doesnt work, you should make it right since I bought from you".

I really caution you to think about spending 2k on something that doesn't have any customer support. Research ATN more than the unit your looking at. Countless times you find customers having issues, and ATN telling them "that's not covered".

I can get you into thermal cheaper than the ATN (FLIR), but it will be a handheld monocular, not a mountable unit.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    What price range gets good thermal?

Night vision?

Which one is better? Why?

I'm mildly interested...

A good scope is going to run 5k

A good hand held is going to run 2k (I actually have a personal used one of the 2k units Im selling for 1200)

Neither is better, they are diffrent. NV is better at navigation, and identification (telling what you see it)

Thermal is much better at detection.

They both have there benefits, and drawbacks. Now they have Fusion which is the best of both worlds from what Im told. Ive never messed with one, but in theory its a great idea, but pricey. I don't keep a ton of this type stuff in stock for obvious reasons, but I keep enough for someone to come out, and figure out what they want then I can order it.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    For my personal scope I run the IR Hunter MK2 640x35mm. It runs 6500 bucks, but I can detect and Identify yotes out to at least 800 yds. I could tell the diffrence between a possum, and a coon at 400 yds in the middle of the night. Thermal's are helpfull in the day, or night. NV is only good at night. Fog, and light effect NV, where thermal is not effected.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    A good scope is going to run 5k

A good hand held is going to run 2k (I actually have a personal used one of the 2k units Im selling for 1200)

Neither is better, they are diffrent. NV is better at navigation, and identification (telling what you see it)

Thermal is much better at detection.

They both have there benefits, and drawbacks. Now they have Fusion which is the best of both worlds from what Im told. Ive never messed with one, but in theory its a great idea, but pricey. I don't keep a ton of this type stuff in stock for obvious reasons, but I keep enough for someone to come out, and figure out what they want then I can order it.

Interested in more information on the $1200 thermal unit. Flir?

Top Bottom