• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Alright central IN INGOers, I need your collective resources...

Yesterday, we decided to go to the home show at the fairgrounds. I dropped the window to pay for parking, and when I went to put it back up, nothing happened. Through some elbow grease and luck we were able to get it partially back up, but drove home with our window half way down.

Got back to the house about 3 and I spent the next few hours tearing apart the inside of the door and doing electrical tests to see if the switch was bad or the motor. Well, it's the motor. No way to physically get it up or down, so I improvised. I cut the bottom part of the cable from the regulator, which allowed me to manually pull the window up and closed. Then I measured and cut a piece of 1/2" x 2" wood to wedge under the window bracket and the bottom of the door. So, the window is up, but not coming down anytime soon unless that piece vibrates out (which will be a surprise on many levels).

So, if you were me, where would you take your vehicle to get it repaired. For the record, we're talking a 2004 Mazda MPV minivan. I can order the part from Autozone or any number of places, but it certainly appears that the outer door panel will need removed to replace the regulator assembly.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Southside collision 2700 Madison Ave in front of the Kmart has always treated me good.
    Careful when changing motors. Some of the spring loaded regulators can remove a finger fast and clean.

317 786-9736

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    Beck Auto Repair on Southport and Edgewood is the only place I have experience with, and they did great work, for a decent price.

Also, it shouldn't be a difficult job so get a few quotes. It's not like you are rebuilding an engine or fixing body panel damage. Should be a relatively straight forward fix for (most) mechanics.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Car Tech on Victory drive off of Emerson just south of 465
    Owner is Jack Dietzel... Great, HONEST mechanic!! He and his guys are great!

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Beck Auto Repair on Southport and Edgewood is the only place I have experience with, and they did great work, for a decent price.

Also, it shouldn't be a difficult job so get a few quotes. It's not like you are rebuilding an engine or fixing body panel damage. Should be a relatively straight forward fix for (most) mechanics.

I'll be the first in the thread to +1 and ALSO recommend Beck Auto Repair in Southport.

For something such as this... the costs shouldn't be terrible, but like anything Auto repair, you're going to pay a little for the labor.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom