• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lcass

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County IN
    I have a Baby Browning (1968 I thnk) I inherited. I know it hasn't been out of the case for more than 20 years. Is there anything to be concerned about before shooting after a good cleaning? Are these guns reliable carry weapon.
    Any information about the gun appreciated

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    You could always find a gunsmith to check it out to make sure it's safe. A good cleaning and visual check
    Might be all it needs.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Guess you have to define "reliable carry weapon". Reliable? Probably. It's a Browning. GOOD carry weapon? Plenty of debate there. A heavy coat will likely stop a .25ACP. So IMO - no. YMMV

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Since it's a Browning, IMHO a good cleaning and oiling SHOULD be all it needs.

As far as caliber... .25ACP leaves a little to be desired but I'm not into caliber wars. Carry what you're comfortable with. I wouldn't want to be shot with any size gun but, I'm not a crazy BG. Any functioning gun is better than no gun any day.

bikeman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Bloomington
    I also have one and it very reliable. I have a lot of different handguns from .22 to .41 Magnum and the the Browning is by far the most unpleasant to shoot. It is so small you cannot hold on to it which makes it difficult for me to shoot accurately ........and it stings you hand. I have carried it from time to time but it is not my first choice.

Top Bottom