• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turkeykiller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    lafayette
    Well its about that time again to go out and hang tree stands. In 2005 I fell 20 ft. and shattered my left leg and ankle. I broke the golden rule and did not lower my gun down with a rope. I have been hunting for several years and thought it would not happen to me.Broke my leg in 16 different places. Three months in a hospital bed and three surgery's later and 8 months off work and about 10 grand poorer it did happen. Do not let this happen to you I can no longer run and I am in pain every day.
    BTW if the last surgery didn't take they were going to take my leg from the knee down. THANK GOD FOR GOOD DOCTORS AND PRAYER!! SO BE CAREFUL AND ALWAYS LET SOMEONE KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!

Gonefishin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    Sorry to hear about you accident. I am very guilty about not wearing a safety harness while being in my tree stand. I agree that we all thinking that things won't happen to us. This really makes us stop and think about things and just how lucky we are, have been, and continue to be everyday. Safety must always be at the top of our list and I will have my harness with me the next time I climb a tree.:hooked:

Top Bottom