?Before plastic wads loading manual for shotgun??????

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    Very long shot but trying to find a loading manual that list loads with out using the plastic wads of today. Back around 1970 I remembering loading trap loads using fiber, felt, and cork wads. At 75 I don't remember what went first or how thick to use. I' know I need over and under shot cards but not size or thickness. I was using paper hulls at that time. Used them in a double over/under and I think the Browning A5. They were made on an very old MEC. The name and number on the loading manual will work ok, just something to get started.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    check with graf and sons they just got a bunch of different cards and buffers in for shotgun, i use the 11 gauge cards and .5 inch buffers in my muzzleloader double

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    yes "CIRCLEFLY WADS" are great. When you are using fiber wads you need to set the compression on a MEC and the old shotgun load books helped in doing that. You also used a combination cork, fiber, and felt for the powder and load you were using.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I have data in one or two of my old manuals. I won't have time until next week to look it up, but I've used some of the loads with original Alcan nitro cards and Blue Streak fiber wads. Wad pressure is pretty important in getting them to work right with smokeless powder.

Top Bottom