• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    I have an older one. Reliable as all get out. Accuracy leaves a little to be desired in my book. Of course I came from shooting revolvers in single action. I bought it new years ago. It doesn't get shot much any more.

RELee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    It is beautiful. I havent shot it yet. I did some research and it has a stamp date of 1995. It looks new.....box, manual, never opened lock etc...gave 300 bucks for it. I cant believe i got it for that price. I feel like it was purchased then put in the back of a safe. It has a home with me for sure! Im new here so i havent figured out how or if i can post a picture of it for you guys to see.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    You stole it for $300!!!!!!

Good buy.

I've long thought that those pistols are mighty fine looking. Hard sell to me if the blued or the nickel finish is prettier. I like 'em both!

-J-

RELee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    When cocked and I go to pull trigger in single action it has a gritty feel before the trigger breaks. From what I see it's coming from the trigger bar where it touches the trigger single action area. I can see it with grip off. I feel it needs some range time. Any ideas??

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    When cocked and I go to pull trigger in single action it has a gritty feel before the trigger breaks. From what I see it's coming from the trigger bar where it touches the trigger single action area. I can see it with grip off. I feel it needs some range time. Any ideas??

Range time first.

Shoot a few hundred rounds through it and see if it smooths out.

Also: Dry fire practice. Lots of it. Buy a snap cap or 6 if you're worried about damage to the FP and/or FP opening.

If still gritty, then it's on to plan B & C & D, etc.

-J-

RELee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Indy guy, so true. This 84 is a 95 model but it's LNIB. Im sure after some rounds it'll smooth up. Just dry firing has made it smoother.

Top Bottom