• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    Does anyone know of a gunsmith that has good knowledge of the 92/96 models? Im wanting to know if I can convert a 92FS to a G model (decocker only, no safety) for relatively inexpensive price. Any and all information would be much appreciated!

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    there is a smith over on the berettaforum.net forum that I believe is offering this service. It is NOT trivial... it requires welding and re-cutting/re-drilling on the slide plus replacement of small parts.

-rvb

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Since the safety is in the slide on these guns, would replacing the slide with one from a "G" model effect the same change? Have you looked on Numerich to see if you can get a G slide relatively inexpensive?

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    With the money and logistics involved (of finding someone and sending it etc) you might be better off trying to find a 92g/96g on the used police trade in market. They are out there you just have to catch them.

The other option would be another make like a SIG etc. I can speak from someone that is issued Beretta their customer support is the worst. Even for an agency. Those agencies using the 92D Vertec's can not even get parts for them. Unless it is a 92 fs/M9 they won't support you. We have to cannibalize ours when certain parts that Beretta won't supply breaks. We found a stash of old VA Police guns we snatched up but thy will only last for so long as well.

Good luck to you

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I would look around for a used gun. I got my 92G a couple years ago for $400 at a local shop. It's in pretty nice condition also. You can find 92G slides on gun broker occasionally also.

Top Bottom