• ...and so much more!
  • Win52C

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    Those are the older Beretta grips. I'd be guessing around mid-late 90's for a date. I have a stainless with the blued controls.
    Agreed. Probably mid-late 90’s. I have one from 92 I purchased new, without the warning on the frame, hard plastic Beretta grips and made in Italy. So this one’s a few years after that. Great guns. Metal controls that are stainless also dates it to the 90’s and it should have a stainless guide rod too. FYI the rear sight is not original. You can probably find a serial number reference online.

Last edited:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Beretta used to have a serial number look up on their site that would give you an approximate build date as well as info as to what came with the firearm. Unfortunately I just check them and once again the dating page is MIA.

I have a similar 92FS Inox with the same rubber grips and it was dated as 2004.

Reactions: Leo

Shawn76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2016
    nowhere
    Agreed. Probably mid-late 90’s. I have one from 92 I purchased new, without the warning on the frame, hard plastic Beretta grips and made in Italy. So this one’s a few years after that. Great guns. Metal controls that are stainless also dates it to the 90’s and it should have a stainless guide rod too. FYI the rear sight is not original. You can probably find a serial number reference online.
    Thanks I'll have to find an original sight for it so I can make it look all original again. It's a safe queen and will only get shot on occasion. I have another one,blued that is newer. I did call Beretta today and it was made in 1997.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Great pistol... Congratulations! It's a solid pistol and it will be very accurate for you!
    I have a Centurion DAO model and I love it!
    If the grip is too large, Wilson Combat (I believe) makes 'thin' grip panels for it and they make quite a difference in how it fits-n-feels in the grip!
    Enjoy...

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I can't make out if there's "INOX" stamped into the slide or not?

If there's not - you MAY have a somewhat rarish non LE Department-marked Electroless Nickel variant.

Probably is stainless, though.

Shawn76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2016
    nowhere
    I can't make out if there's "INOX" stamped into the slide or not?

If there's not - you MAY have a somewhat rarish non LE Department-marked Electroless Nickel variant.

Probably is stainless, though.
    INOX is not stamped on it but the top of it has Stainless stamped on top of it.

Attachments

• 20231027_035438.jpg
      20231027_035438.jpg
      299 KB · Views: 6

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Those are the older Beretta grips. I'd be guessing around mid-late 90's for a date. I have a stainless with the blued controls.
    The grips were made by Farrar Tool Company. I have noticed in recent years Beretta of Italy ship their Inox 92's with these grips in place of Hogue. I love them with the Beretta Trident and have several sets tucked away in my safe.

cmdrken1

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 28, 2023
    Saint John
    Picked one up yesterday and don't know a lot about it. Any information would be appreciated
    Would really like to know what year it was made.
    You can go to Beretta's website and enter the serial and it will tell you when it was manufactured and model number etc.

Shawn76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2016
    nowhere
    The grips were made by Farrar Tool Company. I have noticed in recent years Beretta of Italy ship their Inox 92's with these grips in place of Hogue. I love them with the Beretta Trident and have several sets tucked away in my safe.
    I like the grips that are on it
    Have a different and more comfortable feel to them

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    If you want thinner grips, I highly recommend Alumagrips. Since they are made of aluminum, they were able to make the grips dramatically thinner than the factory grips.

They are so thin, that you will need to change your grip screw bushings to a thinner one. I did it on mine, and it was pretty easy. They sell these also.

I have them on my old 80's 92F. They fit perfectly and totally change the feel of the gun. I really like the checkering that mine has. It's somewhat aggressive without being to much. It definitely provides more grip than any plastic one I had on mine.

With these, the grip is now enjoyable (at least for me). I enjoyed this gun so much, that I added some Wilson Combat upgrades, added the Beretta Double Action Only kit, and used this as my first competition gun.

It was a bit retro, but for me it was more fun.

Link to grips below.....

Congrats on finding a stainless, that one is nice!

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Yep, that’s a Ghost Inox.. INoX guns are marked stainless.

Consider not screwing with it, those are valued collectibles.

Curent INoX stainless models have blued controls so the early “ghost” ones carry a price premium of a collectible.

Top Bottom