• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Can anybody recommend a quality suppressor for a 9mm AR-15? By the way the thread pitch on the barrel is 1/2x36. Also, what is the proper way to mount the suppressor on a carbine? Thanks, I'm trying to figure all this stuff out prior to going ahead with my AR build so I have some idea of what I'm doing.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    SWR Trident 9 PERIOD!
    You may need a thread adapter to 1/2 x 28 or a 3 lug adapter. I don't think the Trident is available in the 1/2 x 36 pitch, though I could be wrong.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    The Trident 9 is the best and most versatile 9mm can on the market.

And, when you order it, just specify which mount you need as it comes with one of your choice. (And a mount can be had in 1/2x36.)

RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Yeah, that's the suppressor I sort of was leaning towards. I heard some examples of them on youtube and I was impressed, especially with the subsonic rounds. I believe I actually saw some Lone Wolf Glock Barrels that were also 1/2x36, would I be able to use it on my G19 with this aftermarket barrel?
    If so, it would definitely be worth the price to be able to utilize in both the Glock and the AR-15. Thanks for the recommendation guys, why is NFA stuff so addictive?!:dunno:

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    This is my Trident 9 on my G17, I am using a LWD threaded barrel which comes threaded 1/2x28. You will also notice the knurled section of the silencer, that is the recoil booster.

33732G17suppressed_003.jpg

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    This is my Trident 9 on my G17, I am using a LWD threaded barrel which comes threaded 1/2x28. You will also notice the knurled section of the silencer, that is the recoil booster.

Is the recoil booster because the Glock barrel rotates, or simply because the action requires help to cycle when used with the suppressor?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Is the recoil booster because the Glock barrel rotates, or simply because the action requires help to cycle when used with the suppressor?
    The barrel tilts during firing and the recoil booster assists the action by offsetting the added weight of the suppressor under recoil. IE: there is a spring in the mount that de-couples the can and the barrel under recoil to let the barrel tilt without lifting the extra weight, therefore making it easier to cycle the action with the extra weight attached.:n00b:

Top Bottom