• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Well I was tinkerin in the Garage and came up with this. I prefer to flush out my Nagant, PSL or SGL when shooting corrosive ammo, with water then a good scrub and lube.

Now I can control how the water flushes out the barrel, no more cups and aiming for the hole:rolleyes:

Fits all 2 liter and 1 liter style caps
    3/8 fittings
    fits perfectly in the barrel

make sure your adhesive seals
    It helps to poke a hole in your 2 liter when your flushing.
    no leaky mess:rockwoot:

picture.php

enjoy:patriot:

Last edited:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    what makes "corrosive ammo" corrosive is a chemical compound within the priming portion which is consistent with salt....that being said...if you are familiar at all with how metal corrosion works.. then I would HIGHLY recommend AGAINST flushing your barrel with water

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    if you are sure to lube after each time..you will be fine...but those who do not will delay the corrosion, but it will happen.....oil prevents oxygen/water from reaching the remaining salts, thus keeping the corrosion from starting.....SOME soaps are actually made with salt...cheaper soaps I would assume......windex is made with ammonia, which mixed properly creates acids and salts...so unless you're very familiar with all of those chemicals and their combining processes I wouldn't risk it personally...I'd prefer to use a gun solvent meant for corrosive ammo...but that's just me.....there is a lot to corrosion, that even I don't understand all of the possibilities but working with chemical engineers helps me to understand more sometimes...but if you're lubing after each cleaning then you're keeping required element for corrosion from contacting the other elements...so you should be ok....but there are a lot of people who don't know to oil their barrels after cleaning

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I do not flush the barrel on my Mosin. I run a combination of bore cleaner and rem oil through the barrel. I also clean the inside of the reciever. Then I clean the bolt and spray it down with rem oil and whipe dry.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    The only corrosive that I shoot is 5.45x39 in the AK74, I flush w/ H2O at the range and then immediately clean using solvents, cleaner and oil when I get home.

Ive never had an issue yet.........

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Good idea indyk! I think that I may have to whip one up myself! Looks like it would beat the heck out of a rigid funnel.
    Water is, and has been THE best cleaner for corrosive primer residue since day one. As far as the residue being consistent with a salt, well, it should be because it is a salt, potassium chloride to be exact. It dissolves in water better than anything else, bar none.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Wait just a tick...

You mean to tell me that you guys actually clean your Mosins? :eek:

Een Mother Russia, we cleans our guns weeth the bloods of our enemies!

:D

Top Bottom