• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Has anyone tried out a Bianchi 82? It got great reviews on Midway's sight. They use the same holster for the 1911 Commander and the Hi-Power. I plan on carry OWB. It is a retension holster, and I think it is what I have been looking for. I hate to keep spending money on holsters I will not use...so I thought maybe someone here has one and could tell me what they think.:dunno:

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    That's a good carry holster, but you won't ever draw quickly. You'd be somewhere between 0.5-1.0 seconds slower than if you had used a good non-retention kydex holster. Another problem is that since you need to use your middle finger to hit the button, sometimes you may need to adjust your grip after you get the gun out of the holster, adding time to your draw.

The Bianchi's leather looks decent, and it is fairly low profile.

Many leather holsters do not retain their shape well. Bianchi 82 does, because the retention device is made of plastic, and it helps keep the mouth stay in the same shape.

I'd see whether there is a lined version of Bianchi 82. (I don't think there is, though.) The lining helps protect your pistol's finish.

Top Bottom