• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    The thread title had me confused. At first I wondered If this was the reason some OD the airlines cancelled their orders of planes from Boeing

I think i heard that somewhere recently.
    Could be wrong. I have a Memory like an steel seive sometimes.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    The thread title had me confused. At first I wondered If this was the reason some OD the airlines cancelled their orders of planes from Boeing

I think i heard that somewhere recently.
    Could be wrong. I have a Memory like an steel seive sometimes.

If they were cancelling 777 orders I'm sure FedEx will be happy to pick them up.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    There have been cancles with the 787 due to delivery delays, I think it is safe to say all planes have cracks, just because there is a crack does not mean it is not air worthy, sometimes you can drill a small hole at each end of the crack to keep it spreading and that is acceptable per FAA depending on location of crack. Oh and it is normal to keep and eye on a crack, every so many cycles or hours you inspect it for growth, 100 percent acceptable with FAA approval, it it was in a critical spot that was a flight safety risk it would not fly with passengers. Some web sites people need to stop visiting.

Last edited:

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    777 doesn't have near the issues the 787 has when it comes to delays. The Dreamliner is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind schedule. I've been to Toulouse France where the 380 is made by Airbus, pretty impressive to see all those things sitting there outside the facility.

Stubbleducker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Indy
    Not related to the airbus cracks, but Boeing just announced they're closing down the Wichita plant. It's been on the blocks for a while, but they were counting on the new military tanker program bringing in a bunch of new jobs and when that fell through, Boeing decided to shut it all down. That's a lot of people in DooDah out of work with the rest of the city (Cessna, Lear, Beechcraft, etc) not doing the greatest at the moment either.

Top Bottom